N/S Per Rotoworld... Ocho to be traded on/before draft (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Chuck Ludwig of the Dayton Daily News believes Chad Johnson will be traded on or before draft day.

In an opinion blog piece, Ludwig writes that he doesn't know how Chad could possibly be welcomed back in the locker room after demanding trades all offseason. Coach Marvin Lewis has recommended Chad treat the situation like Kobe Bryant did; put it all behind him and just come out and dominate.

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I'd love to have him in black and gold... but I do NOT want to see him in the NFC South... :covri:

This is pure speculation. Johnson's Contract goes through 2011. Any team looking to get him will have to give up a first. Lewis is just giving opinions

This is pure speculation. Johnson's Contract goes through 2011. Any team looking to get him will have to give up a first. Lewis is just giving opinions

How unconfortable would that be for both Chad and his teammates for him to be there? Trade the dude and let him be happy...

Somehow I think the latter of what you said may happen. Ocho Cinco may go somewhere we do not want him to go and when we read about it we will feel pretty depressed about our chances next year if we do face him on his new team. I hope its not Carolina or Tampa Bay, if he goes to Tampa, that will be bad for us

How unconfortable would that be for both Chad and his teammates for him to be there? Trade the dude and let him be happy...

It's the same situation with Kobe Bryant. He demanded that he be traded and said it all offseason. Was he traded? No. Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely love to have Johnson in black and gold. Would it happen? Probably not. Now i would love for the guy to be happy, but Johnson is their star player. If he gets traded, great for him. He needs a change. Will it happen? Probably not.

The comparison to Kobe Bryant isn't too far off imo though. Whether it plays out similar to Kobe's situation with the Lakers remains to be seen. However, before the NBA season there was plenty of talk about "irreparable damages" and how Kobe would never suit up for Los Angeles ever again. Now he's an MVP candidate...

act_kobe_bryant.jpg

...and he's still wearing a Lakers jersey.

Kobe and CJ are pretty different. Kobe IS the Lakers, especially at the time. The Bengals have another pro bowl receiver. If they wanted, they could take the draft pick and use it on a young receiver and get rid of the guy who is causing trouble. Obviously they would take a hit as far as talent goes, but ask the Eagles if they would've traded TO if they had a chance to before the season that he blew up.

I still say no thanks to Ocho Cinco

Why not? He is a pro bowl WR who would be a reliable and DANGEROUS weapon. Can you imagine Him and Colston catching passes from Brees?

I think he's a good football player, don't get me wrong, I just don't see the need for him here. Honestly, this team is one well-performing defensive effort from being back in the NFC Championship. If the Saints offense was weak, and their defense was the strength, then I would be more willing to take the chances with his personality.

I think he's a good football player, don't get me wrong, I just don't see the need for him here. Honestly, this team is one well-performing defensive effort from being back in the NFC Championship. If the Saints offense was weak, and their defense was the strength, then I would be more willing to take the chances with his personality.

I think your right but honestly i don't think IF we had the chance to obtain him, then i couldn't see us passing that opportunity up.

The Kobe comparison really doesn't work.

Kobe's value to the Lakers>>>>>>>>> Ocho Stinko's value to the Bengals

Kobe = the best (arguably, third best at worst) player in the entire league, and the best SG in the league hands down.

CJ = elite talent at WR top 3 or 5 at his position. MAYBE top 15 in the league overall. Plus Cincy would still have a good offense without him.

Only 5 guys are on the floor at one time in basketball, 11 on the football field (not meant to be an insult, I know you all already know this). CJ has nowhere near the value Kobe has.

If it comes down to it, CJ will be traded. Kobe is untradable; the Lakers knew they could not get equal value in return and satisfy Kobe's demands, so both sides got over it and played ball.

and a head case too, tigers. I mean Sean Payton does put a high value on team to his players and adding in Ocho is kind of a stretch to that concept. I can see the good he could do potentially for this team but his knack for publicity and sometimes ridiculous show boating is something that leads to distraction and that we do not need at this point in time.

Its funny too because when I saw Jerry Jones bring in TO to Dallas, the first thing that came to me was disaster. He was ruining his team for a long time to come and yet so far its worked out fine. How does he avoid it? He throughout his whole tenure as Cowboys Owner has brought in head case after head case and yet they still win. If its not Deion Sanders, it Micheal Irvin, if its not him, its TO, maybe now its Pacman. what does Jones do to make them show upand make them behave just enough to win?
He is a past master at it. Most NFL teams would get blown up but Dallas they seem to invite it and guess what they win regardless.

I would venture to say that if Jones got Chad, he would make him a bigger star then he ever was in Cincy, and he would behave and not cause trouble. Its ridiculous that they have that kind of good fortune to not get blown up by head case players.

I think your right but honestly i don't think IF we had the chance to obtain him, then i couldn't see us passing that opportunity up.

even with his personality it is tempting. Can you imagine the locker room with CJ and Jeremy Shockey? Talk about drama. I think the Saints are on the right track, chemistry-wise, and personnel-wise on offense. I'd be awfully worried about disrupting that chemistry with someone like CJ or Shockey, although there is no denying both players are really talented.

and a head case too, tigers. I mean Sean Payton does put a high value on team to his players and adding in Ocho is kind of a stretch to that concept. I can see the good he could do potentially for this team but his knack for publicity and sometimes ridiculous show boating is something that leads to distraction and that we do not need at this point in time.

Its funny too because when I saw Jerry Jones bring in TO to Dallas, the first thing that came to me was disaster. He was ruining his team for a long time to come and yet so far its worked out fine. How does he avoid it? He throughout his whole tenure as Cowboys Owner has brought in head case after head case and yet they still win. If its not Deion Sanders, it Micheal Irvin, if its not him, its TO, maybe now its Pacman. what does Jones do to make them show upand make them behave just enough to win?
He is a past master at it. Most NFL teams would get blown up but Dallas they seem to invite it and guess what they win regardless.

I would venture to say that if Jones got Chad, he would make him a bigger star then he ever was in Cincy, and he would behave and not cause trouble. Its ridiculous that they have that kind of good fortune to not get blown up by head case players.

yet the Jerry Jones magic hasn't won them a playoff game in a decade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom