N/S Peyton Manning passes on MNF (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Given what we saw from that hot garbage of a Monday Night Football crew I don’t blame Peyton for not wanting it, but still, that unit can’t go anywhere but up...right?

Manning is a unique talent though. Watching him host SNL, that was one of the funniest episodes that I have seen in some time. He is going to do a 30 part documentary for ESPN, so he isn’t letting all that talent go to waste.

The MNF booth needs a house-cleaning. Tessitore is better at calling boxing. Witten is gone and back in the league to the delight of delusional Cowgirls fans everywhere. McFarland was better at the desk on the SEC Network than the bloviation position he had on the sideline last year. It's all tied in to ESPN as a whole going downhill. All the great announcers are either dead or mostly retired.

Good move though. Peyton seems like the type who likes to keep his schedule open for now and not have to follow a set schedule or routine. By the way, thank for not misspelling his name. A peeve of mine when I see people misspelling Payton and Peyton. "Sean Peyton" or "Payton Manning". I see that way too often.

After his tenure with the Saints, I could see Payton going to MNF.
I could too. Of the respected head coaches out there (BB, Tomlin, Carroll, Harbaugh), Sean is probably the most eloquent and charismatic of the group.

I can imagine BB in the booth.

Color Commentator: Bill, that was an amazing play by the TE to get free for the catch, what do you think?

BB: Moving on.

After his tenure with the Saints, I could see Payton going to MNF.

I would love that, but I doubt it for many reasons.

For one hes not exactly loved by the league exec's. I'm sure they would have something to say about that.

And two, if were being honest he kind of has a stuttering problem, and forgets things a little bit. I just dont really think it would be a good look for him.

Now Drew on the other hand I think is made for things like that. I think Drew could make Tony Romo look like an amateur. I love Tony as an analyst but I think Drew could be better after he retires

I would love that, but I doubt it for many reasons.

For one hes not exactly loved by the league exec's. I'm sure they would have something to say about that.

And two, if were being honest he kind of has a stuttering problem, and forgets things a little bit. I just dont really think it would be a good look for him.

Now Drew on the other hand I think is made for things like that. I think Drew could make Tony Romo look like an amateur. I love Tony as an analyst but I think Drew could be better after he retires
He’s already made a few appearances each year on ESPN when the Saints aren’t playing so if the League had a problem, they would’ve stopped it before that happened.

He’s already made a few appearances each year on ESPN when the Saints aren’t playing so if the League had a problem, they would’ve stopped it before that happened.

Yes I know, and I understand that, but as a full time GIG commentating on NFL games. I'm not so sure?

The league is well aware of Sean's feeling about how things are handled and his feeling towards refs and other matters.

They are cowards!

Do you really think they want someone who sees right through there ways, and all of there injustice to have that much exposure and voice on a consistent basis?

I would love it but I mean come on, let's look at this logically.

Who knows though, maybe by that time Clowndell is out and the league is better off. I dont expect Sean to retire anytime soon.

So I guess its possible

I could too. Of the respected head coaches out there (BB, Tomlin, Carroll, Harbaugh), Sean is probably the most eloquent and charismatic of the group.

Color Commentator: Bill, that was an amazing play by the TE to get free for the catch, what do you think?

Would still be better than Joe Buck!

Given what we saw from that hot garbage of a Monday Night Football crew I don’t blame Peyton for not wanting it, but still, that unit can’t go anywhere but up...right?

Manning is a unique talent though. Watching him host SNL, that was one of the funniest episodes that I have seen in some time. He is going to do a 30 part documentary for ESPN, so he isn’t letting all that talent go to waste.

I still laugh every time I think about Manning on SNL, making that little guy stand in the outhouse during their football game, & then the little guy peeking out the door LOL

Manning is too good for MNF & ESPN.

If they gave BB the color commentary and let him say what he wanted I’d watch it in a heartbeat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom