N/S Philadelphia To Host 2017 Draft (1 Viewer)

Wonder if we could get in on that somehow since it will be a minute before we host another Super Bowl

They are putting in for overtime as we speak. Heck they have 'Jail' at the Linc.

The booing will be real, and it will be spectacular.

Great a city that hates everyone should make this event awful

Great a city that hates everyone should make this event awful

Not entirely true.

There are ranks of hate.

1. The Cowboys.
2. Everything else.

Actually, it's quite a nice place to live, and being a Saints fan here is great, you're sort of like a cousin, or Tom Hagen to the Corleones; I get a lot of props for being loyal and not being a front-runner. As I told Jeff Duncan years ago, when he was writing about ex-pat Saints fans in other cities: "Saints fan in Philly, it's like being a killer in a prison yard. Not too many friends, but you get your respect."

Wonder if we could get in on that somehow since it will be a minute before we host another Super Bowl
1. Location.
2. Weather.

Are the only two things that come to mind.

I think the city who's team wins the Super Bowl should host the following years draft. More incentives for cities to back their team.

I doubt they get the logistics worked out that quickly. Convention centers large enough could easily be booked for the weekend of the draft.. Then there could be an issue with enough available hotel rooms.

I doubt they get the logistics worked out that quickly. Convention centers large enough could easily be booked for the weekend of the draft.. Then there could be an issue with enough available hotel rooms.

I'm sorry I guess I should clarify what I was thinking. The 2016 Super Bowl is actually played in 2017 so in my mind the following year would be 2018 which would give the winning teams home city over a year to prepare.

I hope this makes it to Los Angeles soon...the So Cal Who Dat's will gather and represent the B&G nation.

Oh yeah.

The fallacy here is that the Draft is an 'event'. As usual, the NFL wants to marketise and commoditise everything, including an administrative process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom