N/S : Philip Rivers, partially torn ACL? (1 Viewer)

Volek was nice at Tennessee a few years ago... and back then he only had Drew Bennett. I don't think scoring points will be the Chargers' problem... they'll need to stop Brady and that machine they call an offense.

I hope Rivers is just fine, and I hope he plays. I don't want the stupid Chargers to have any excuses when they lose and start crying.

ugh, Jeff Triplette is the ref, his crew (Greg Sneed especially) screwed us in the Broncos game in 05. For those that don't remember:

"The Pats led 3-0 when Jake Plummer threw deep from the New England 40 for Ashley Lelie. Asante Samuel, who had already picked off Plummer, was running stride for stride with Lelie. He turned his head back as he ran and maintained perfect position. As the ball came down, Lelie put his right hand on Samuel's shoulder pad and tugged, pulling the smaller defender into him. Still, Samuel kept his feet as the ball landed harmlessly in the end zone seven yards beyond the players. The official right on top of the play correctly called nothing.
A thousand one.
A thousand two.
A thousand three.
And then from out of nowhere a flag flies into the frame. The officials confer and one seems to be trying to talk the other out of making a terrible mistake. But, alas, he can't. The yellow has been thrown — obviously in error — and instead of rectifying the mistake, the officials basically award the Broncos the game's first touchdown by giving them first-and-goal at the one. From where the flag came from, I assumed it was thrown by the back judge, a suspicion confirmed by CBS analyst Phil Simms. So I would like to ask Greg Sneed what he saw or thought he saw that would make him so confident in his call that he would be willing to give a team seven points in a 3-0 game. Why, Greg Sneed, why? And if you were so confident in your call, Greg Sneed, what took you so long to throw the flag?"

- Kevin Hench / Special to FOXSports.com 1-17-2006

I really don't want to make this 3 years in a row where we get screwed by the refs in the playoffs.

ugh, Jeff Triplette is the ref, his crew (Greg Sneed especially) screwed us in the Broncos game in 05. For those that don't remember:

"The Pats led 3-0 when Jake Plummer threw deep from the New England 40 for Ashley Lelie. Asante Samuel, who had already picked off Plummer, was running stride for stride with Lelie. He turned his head back as he ran and maintained perfect position. As the ball came down, Lelie put his right hand on Samuel's shoulder pad and tugged, pulling the smaller defender into him. Still, Samuel kept his feet as the ball landed harmlessly in the end zone seven yards beyond the players. The official right on top of the play correctly called nothing.
A thousand one.
A thousand two.
A thousand three.
And then from out of nowhere a flag flies into the frame. The officials confer and one seems to be trying to talk the other out of making a terrible mistake. But, alas, he can't. The yellow has been thrown — obviously in error — and instead of rectifying the mistake, the officials basically award the Broncos the game's first touchdown by giving them first-and-goal at the one. From where the flag came from, I assumed it was thrown by the back judge, a suspicion confirmed by CBS analyst Phil Simms. So I would like to ask Greg Sneed what he saw or thought he saw that would make him so confident in his call that he would be willing to give a team seven points in a 3-0 game. Why, Greg Sneed, why? And if you were so confident in your call, Greg Sneed, what took you so long to throw the flag?"

- Kevin Hench / Special to FOXSports.com 1-17-2006

I really don't want to make this 3 years in a row where we get screwed by the refs in the playoffs.

Rest assured....the Pats won't stop at 38 points this time! I see them go well over 40, especially if the Bolts don't have LT......the scoring will be one sided, with the Bolts unable to stay close, which will be the demoralizing factor on their defense!

I see Pats 45....Bolts 13

Rest assured....the Pats won't stop at 38 points this time! I see them go well over 40, especially if the Bolts don't have LT......the scoring will be one sided, with the Bolts unable to stay close, which will be the demoralizing factor on their defense!

I see Pats 45....Bolts 13

I see the Pats keying in on LT, Turner, Sproles like they did with the Jax running game. I would not be the least bit surprised if they emply the SB 36 defense of "hit Faulk every down with or without the ball" replacing Faulk with LT. Gates will be a non factor if he plays, I think the Pats hit him at the line then release quick (I'm pretty sure the Colts gave him a free release last weekend.) If Rivers plays he will be hobbled and the Pats will get after him. If the wind is a factor in the Pats passing game it will be moreso in the Chargers with noodle arm Rivers throwing the ball. If Volek plays I expect him to manage the game with short and intermediate passes, maybe trying to go deep to Chambers once or twice but I don't expect a guy who rarely plays to come off the bench and start throwing bombs in 7 degree weather.

Pats 35 Chargers 17

Didn't the Pack already beat the Chargers?

Yeah, they beat the stuffings out of 'em.

I thought that Indy was going to blow San Diego out last week, and I was wrong. I don't think SD is a good come from behind team, so if the Pats go up 14-0, then I think they're done. JMHO.

never cheer injuries but exploit the heck of them. Make him run for his life.

I don't think they know what the injury really is. On Mike and Mike this morning they named off like 5 different things it could be.

Personally, I don't care. Does anyone who isn't a "newly converted" patriots hater really not want to see a NE vs. GB superbowl?

For the first time in a long time I'm excited about a superbowl matchup. That game is going to be fun to watch if it happens..

I don't think they know what the injury really is. On Mike and Mike this morning they named off like 5 different things it could be.

Personally, I don't care. Does anyone who isn't a "newly converted" patriots hater really not want to see a NE vs. GB superbowl?

For the first time in a long time I'm excited about a superbowl matchup. That game is going to be fun to watch if it happens..

It would be the most highly anticipated Superbowl in years. When was the last time we had 2 QBs of that quality in the Superbowl? Favre vs Elway I think, 10 years ago.

It has to happen.

That's what I want to see. GB has been the best team in the NFC from week one - they are legit, not some fluke, and I ain't no stinkin GB fan. :hihi:
We know that NE has been the best team, hands down, in the AFC.

That would be a great SB match-up. Now, I won't mind NYG v NE, as I like the matchup due to the way the Giants played them a couple weeks ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom