N/S : Philip Rivers, partially torn ACL? (2 Viewers)

Yeah, they beat the stuffings out of 'em.

I thought that Indy was going to blow San Diego out last week, and I was wrong. I don't think SD is a good come from behind team, so if the Pats go up 14-0, then I think they're done. JMHO.

No, they didn't beat the stuffings out of us. We were leading at 2 minute mark. Unfortunately, a missed slant tackle cost us the game. Considering that we have won every rematch up to this point, it'll be an interesting match if we beat the Patriots.

Last edited:
They'd better, I don't want to give that trash talking hick even a thought that he can beat the Pats. I'd rather lose to Joan and Melissa Rivers than Phillip Rivers.

That supposed Hick is twice the person and character as Tom Brady. Unlike Brady, even after a loss, Rivers goes out to congratulate the opposing team, and doesn't run off into the locker room to cry. Unlike Brady, he never cusses out another player or impregnates a woman and leaves her out to dry.

Rest assured....the Pats won't stop at 38 points this time! I see them go well over 40, especially if the Bolts don't have LT......the scoring will be one sided, with the Bolts unable to stay close, which will be the demoralizing factor on their defense!

I see Pats 45....Bolts 13

I heard the same thing last week against Indy. Our defense and special team is the key in this game with Rivers injured, and they're healthy for the most part. It'll be closer than anyone thinks since the wind hurts both team's deep passing game.

That supposed Hick is twice the person and character as Tom Brady. Unlike Brady, even after a loss, Rivers goes out to congratulate the opposing team, and doesn't run off into the locker room to cry. Unlike Brady, he never cusses out another player or impregnates a woman and leaves her out to dry.

Yeah, Rivers never cusses out another player, are you serious? Didn't he get into it with Cutler like 4 weeks ago? You have no idea what Rivers character really is and I don't know what Brady's really is. Maybe if your team wasn't a bunch of punks at Foxboro in 05 the Pats wouldn't have reacted the way they did after that game, although watching LT whine like a little girl with a skinned knee was priceless.

Yeah, Rivers never cusses out another player, are you serious? Didn't he get into it with Cutler like 4 weeks ago? You have no idea what Rivers character really is and I don't know what Brady's really is. Maybe if your team wasn't a bunch of punks at Foxboro in 05 the Pats wouldn't have reacted the way they did after that game, although watching LT whine like a little girl with a skinned knee was priceless.

No, he never cusses out people. I've following him for a while and you ask anyone who followed him and knows him, then you'll understand that he never pushes it pass the line.

People based things on brief clips and assume it's the truth. Having been at the Denver game, I can tell you that Cutler was the one who was jawing the defense (when his team was down in the fourth quarter), and Philip just stared him down while congratulating his teammates. He didn't even say anything to Cutler who had his own problems on the sidelines with his own coaches and teammates.

And my team wasn't a bunch of punks in 2005. There were two off comments made by Wade Phillips and Drayton Florence. We didn't go out of our way like the Patriots to dance on their logo after the game was over, and go into their lockerrom to mock Brady and his crew. In way, we'll taken what the Patriots did to us in 2006 to heart. They'll created this monster and now they have to face it this Sunday.

Oh and what I find interesting is that people make exceptions to certain QBs. There are the quiet types like Brees and the loud type like Favre. Brett Favre, in particular, is the biggest smack talker in his day. People will say that he earned to right to talk trash, but that's a stupid statement. Do people honestly think that Favre only began talking smack when he became good? He's done it his whole life, even when he was horrible with the Atlanta Falcons. And he continued to talk trash when he became good with the Packers. It's who he is. Just like it's who Rivers is. His teammates appreciate the fact that he's not trying to be anyone else but himself, which is the reason why they rally behind him. Because despite every negative thing that was said about his attitude and his behavior, he took it in stride and showed the world what he could do.

Or as Bill Polian (GM of the Colts) stated: Everybody views the game through their own eyes and with a different approach. Philip’s a fiery guy and he’s very competitive. That’s fine. There’s no problem there and I don’t think there was anything that was untoward. He takes the booing and the taunting from the visiting fans in stride and that’s good. More power to him. I wish him well and I hope he’s able to play against the Patriots. By the way, as we talked about before, pundits said, ‘Oh, yeah. Philip Rivers isn’t good enough. He’s not good enough.’ The world found out he is good enough.

No, he never cusses out people. I've following him for a while and you ask anyone who followed him and knows him, then you'll understand that he never pushes it pass the line.

People based things on brief clips and assume it's the truth. Having been at the Denver game, I can tell you that Cutler was the one who was jawing the defense (when his team was down in the fourth quarter), and Philip just stared him down while congratulating his teammates. He didn't even say anything to Cutler who had his own problems on the sidelines with his own coaches and teammates.

And my team wasn't a bunch of punks in 2005. There were two off comments made by Wade Phillips and Drayton Florence. We didn't go out of our way like the Patriots to dance on their logo after the game was over, and go into their lockerrom to mock Brady and his crew. In way, we'll taken what the Patriots did to us in 2006 to heart. They'll created this monster and now they have to face it this Sunday.

Oh and what I find interesting is that people make exceptions to certain QBs. There are the quiet types like Brees and the loud type like Favre. Brett Favre, in particular, is the biggest smack talker in his day. People will say that he earned to right to talk trash, but that's a stupid statement. Do people honestly think that Favre only began talking smack when he became good? He's done it his whole life, even when he was horrible with the Atlanta Falcons. And he continued to talk trash when he became good with the Packers. It's who he is. Just like it's who Rivers is. His teammates appreciate the fact that he's not trying to be anyone else but himself, which is the reason why they rally behind him. Because despite every negative thing that was said about his attitude and his behavior, he took it in stride and showed the world what he could do.

Or as Bill Polian (GM of the Colts) stated: Everybody views the game through their own eyes and with a different approach. Philip’s a fiery guy and he’s very competitive. That’s fine. There’s no problem there and I don’t think there was anything that was untoward. He takes the booing and the taunting from the visiting fans in stride and that’s good. More power to him. I wish him well and I hope he’s able to play against the Patriots. By the way, as we talked about before, pundits said, ‘Oh, yeah. Philip Rivers isn’t good enough. He’s not good enough.’ The world found out he is good enough.

Yes, I'm sure the 17-0 Patriots are horrified of the "monster" that they beat the crap out of earlier in the year already, good call. I'm not saying the Bolts can't win the game, I'm just saying I don't think it's your year. Honestly, I get enough crap around here for talking about the Pats so I'm not going to argue with a Chargers fan over the game. Good luck to you.

hahah i love it that no one gives the Chargers any chance at all. No one gave them a chance against the Dolts either, be ready to be surprised this weekend, i think it will be a close one. To be honest if the Jags had manned up they might of done somewhat better, their whole D looked intimidated. I'm looking for a big upset this weekend!!

Don't underestimate the Chargers, i'm telling ya right now! It WILL NOT be a blowout!! Watch and see....

This is a different Chargers team than the one the Pats faced earlier. Philip Rivers is playing a hell of a lot better, Michael Turner is back, and Antonio Cromartie is starting. Bolts can win this game.

The Chargers had been playing as well as any team in the league during the second half of the season. The Pats overlook no team. I'm hoping the game comes down to Bolt QB miscues. They can still run with Turner and a gimpy LT. Their D should be a challenge.

A Chargers fan talking smack. Nothing new......

I love it. When someone dares give us a chance and doesn't buy into the notion that ESPN and everyone else has been spouting for weeks, that noone has a chance against the almighty juggernaught that is NE then that person gets the "talking smack" label.

Whatever.

Watch the games and look at each team. A healthy San Diego is very much a contender to win this game. As is, I think it will be a long shot. But I like their chances as much as anyone else's. They earned the right to play. Now it's just a matter of lettin' the play on the field do the talkin'.

Yes, I'm sure the 17-0 Patriots are horrified of the "monster" that they beat the crap out of earlier in the year already, good call. I'm not saying the Bolts can't win the game, I'm just saying I don't think it's your year. Honestly, I get enough crap around here for talking about the Pats so I'm not going to argue with a Chargers fan over the game. Good luck to you.

Good luck to you guys. I hope it's a close game even if we lose. If only to shut up some of those articles written about how only the Colts had a chance against the Patriots.

Like this article for instance:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-simers14jan14,1,1604019,full.column?ctrack=2&cset=true
Everyone with any kind of interest in football has been waiting all season for the defending Super Bowl champions to challenge perfection, and the Chargers go and goof things up.

I love it. When someone dares give us a chance and doesn't buy into the notion that ESPN and everyone else has been spouting for weeks, that noone has a chance against the almighty juggernaught that is NE then that person gets the "talking smack" label.

Whatever.

Watch the games and look at each team. A healthy San Diego is very much a contender to win this game. As is, I think it will be a long shot. But I like their chances as much as anyone else's. They earned the right to play. Now it's just a matter of lettin' the play on the field do the talkin'.

I labelled it "smack" for the wrong reasons I guess. Just a Chargers fan, on a Saints board, calling out a Patriots fan came off as "smack" to me. I never said the Chargers didn't have a chance to win, I actually think they will win. I actually read a good post over at theRX which I'm in favour of.

San Diego Chargers can beat New England and here is why...
I'm going to start with the first argument against my theory...

New England smoked them earlier in the year
Anybody who is anybody must realize that when a team has a Young QB, despite his solid season last year, the first few games a Sophomore QB will struggle, because this is his first offseason and then to play again. This takes an adjustment.

Now here's another point I will argue in my favour...

THEY BOTH BEAT INDY IN INDY BY 4 POINTS
San Diego's win was wayyyyyy more impressive and you know why???
A.) The New England game Indy was missing 7 key starters (Harrison, Clark, Ugoh)

B.) New England trailed for most of this game, while on the other hand San Diego was in control for this whole game after the first quarter.

C.) To beat a team in their home stadium is one thing. To beat a team in their home stadium during the playoffs is a way different Plateau.

D.) The Chargers should have won by more if not for some "Iffy" calls.

E.) The Chargers played this game with their number one receiving option hurt, Their SUPERSTAR running back missed essentially the whole 2nd half. And their Starting Quarterback missed the whole 4th quarter. While the Patriots had a full healthy roster.

Don't judge a team by their whole year, look at their last 9 weeks.

If you looked at the first 8 weeks of the season, it would be easy to say that New England looked unbeatable and San Diego looked terrible.

However the last 9 weeks, New England looked very beatable, and the Chargers won 9 in a row now that they are rolling.

Why did the Chargers struggle to start the season???

The thing that everyone forgot was that this team was a 14-2 team last year. Since then, their QB has now gotten tons more experience, they learned a lot from that New England loss last year, They now have another big option in the receiving game in Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson has emerged to be a big play receiver, Antonio Cromartie has emerged into a full blown stud at the Corner Back position.

The Reason that the Chargers struggled the first 9 weeks of the season was this. They easily had the toughest schedule to start the season, by playing New England, Chicago, Green Bay all in the first 4 weeks of the season. But anybody will tell you that when a new Coach enters a team, the team no matter if it's the same personnel will change. It's hard to replace a respected coach like Schottenheimer after he posts a 14-2 season. The Players WILL NOT buy into your philosophies and style of coaching right away. It's inevitable, especially when you are replacing Schotty with his 14-2 record. Around week 4-7 I think the Chargers had a mini 3 game winning streak going and all looked good, people were buying into the team, then all of a sudden the whole City goes up into smoke... A tradegy like that is going to immediately knock your team down a notch, because most players had families experiencing these tragedies. It's hard to concentrate on football at a time like this. 2 big losses in a row, and everybody was ready to write San Diego off. That's when I made my long term bets. Since then the Chargers have won 9 in a row (including 2 playoff wins) and it is now NORV TURNER'S team. Not Marty's anymore. Phillip rivers has emerged as a good Quarterback and he is on point with his new weapon Chambers, and his young gun Jackson. The defense has also found it's stride with the added boost of Luis Castillo, and the EMERGENCE of Antonio Cromartie...

How does San Diego Match Up with New England???

Let's break it down for you...

Randy Moss vs. Antonio Cromartie
Call me crazy here but just read this...

Antonio Cromartie was easily one of the most gifted ATHLETES to ever come out of college. He was so gifted that despite missing His whole Sophomore year, and his whole Senior year, and only playing 3 games in the 3 years before coming out, he was still taken in the First Round.

Randy Moss is one of the greatest ATHLETES to ever play the Wide receiver position. He can outjump everyone, has enough speed to burn everyone, and has height over everyone.

Enter Antonio Cromartie...

Cromartie has been talking to Deion Sanders every week on the phone call, and why you ask??? Simply this, he is the NEXT Prime Time...

Cromartie is 6 foot 3, so throw Randy's height advantage out of the picture.

Cromartie can jump 44 inches vertically so throw that advantage out of the way.

Cromartie has AMAZING speed so throw that advantage out of the way...

Cromartie can for the most part man up with Randy Moss and that will be a huge factor in this game.

Welker vs. Jammer
Jammer is a great corner, and 1 on 1 can handle Welker...

This allows the safeties for the Chargers, to occasionally hang back in the secondary, but to also be free to blitz roam and to whatever.

Pat's O-Line vs. Chargers Pass Rush
It has been proven that the only way to stop Brady is get a decent pass rush on him. The Patriots O-line is phenomenal and there are maybe 3 teams that can get enough pressure on Brady to throw him off his game. The Chargers happen to be one of them. They will get in his face, and they will cause him to make some mistakes.

Rivers vs. Pats Secondary
The Patriots are going to obviously stop LT and ask Rivers to beat them. Can he??? you betcha. The Pats secondary is overated, and if Samuel stays on Chambers, then Jackson is going to expose and pick on Ellis Hobbs. Rodney is very aggressive and loves to blitz, unfortunately he can't with Gates being the toughest tight end to cover in the league.

Chargers Receiving Core vs. Pats Secondary
Just like last game against Indy (Which I said would be a factor) Height is going to be a key factor in this game...

New England Secondary
Asante Samuel - 5 Feet 10 Inches
Ellis Hobbs - 5 Feet 9 Inches
Randal Gay - 5 Feet 11 Inches
Rodney Harrison - 6 Feet 1 Inches
Eugene Wilson - 5 Feet 10 Inches

San Diego Receiving Core
Chris Chambers - 6 ft 0 In - 44 Inch Vertical
Vincent Jackson - 6 ft 5 In
Antonio Gates - 6 Feet 4 Inches
Craig Davis - 6 ft 2 In
Kasim Osgood - 6 ft 5 In

Ladanian Tomlison vs. Lawrence Maroney
With any cold weather game, holding onto the ball will be a key factor... I'll take the Guy who has only fumbled once in his last 891 touches (Ladanian Tomlinson)

To be honest with you the only thing that scares me in this game, is the Patriots will be able to use the Screen Pass very effectively because of how aggressive The Chargers will be in their pursuit of Tom Brady...
http://therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=552075

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom