N/S : Philip Rivers, partially torn ACL? (1 Viewer)

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Citing a source, Butch Stearns of WFXT Fox TV in Boston is reporting that Philip Rivers has a partially torn ACL.
The Chargers have been calling Rivers' injury a sprain, or "strain" of his MCL and expect Rivers to be a game-time decision against the Patriots. Stearns says that Rivers hasn't been ruled out of the game, but his side-to-side movements may be restricted. It's worth noting that Stearns isn't exactly considered the most reliable source in the business.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

If this is true and Rivers can't play, who thinks Billy Volek can beat the Patriots?

Stanger things...

Hey, who thought Buster Douglas would beat Mike Tyson... or the US hockey team would win gold in 1980... or... or...:hihi:

It doesnt matter who qbs for SD, their gonna get killed. My only hope is that the giants pass rush or the packers favres destiny to go out on top can stop the patriots perfect season.

They had no chance anyway. Chargers fans should look at it this way....at least now they have an excuse to save face.

The Chargers are a great team and they've won 8 in a row including a game in Indianapolis where they showed a ton of heart. It's going to take everything the Patriots have to beat them.

(did that sound Belichickian enough?)

This isn't a big deal. The key matchup isn't San Diego's QB against the Pats D'. I think whoever is behind center will be able to put up points. Pats haven't gotten this far because of their D, quite frankly.

San Diego's D has to keep the Pats under 28 points. That matchup is far more important.

its too bad for them really

cause if they were in the NFC they would represent in the superbowl

its too bad for them really

cause if they were in the NFC they would represent in the superbowl

I disagree. Packers have been a top 5 team all season. No reason to believe that they couldn't beat the Chargers as well.

It doesnt matter who qbs for SD, their gonna get killed. My only hope is that the giants pass rush or the packers favres destiny to go out on top can stop the patriots perfect season.

I don't understand all these people thinking the Chargers will get destroyed. A lot of people think it will be a 35-14 beat down again. The Chargers are much better than they were in week two, but probably most importantly for them, it's going to be 20 degrees with wind speeds over 20 mph on Sunday. That means they can blitz Brady all day and play tight and not worry about the deep ball. The Patriots have struggled most of the year to run the ball and if the deep ball is taken away just because of the weather, they're in for a long game.

Chances are very good that this game will come down to LT/Turner vs the Patriots front 7 and Maroney/Faulk vs the Chargers front 7. We know who would win those battles. Special teams will be huge as well. Patriots normally are great on special teams. San Diego's punter did have an incredible game last week though. But their kicker struggles in the clutch.

I don't understand all these people thinking the Chargers will get destroyed. A lot of people think it will be a 35-14 beat down again. The Chargers are much better than they were in week two, but probably most importantly for them, it's going to be 20 degrees with wind speeds over 20 mph on Sunday. That means they can blitz Brady all day and play tight and not worry about the deep ball. The Patriots have struggled most of the year to run the ball and if the deep ball is taken away just because of the weather, they're in for a long game.

Chances are very good that this game will come down to LT/Turner vs the Patriots front 7 and Maroney/Faulk vs the Chargers front 7. We know who would win those battles. Special teams will be huge as well. Patriots normally are great on special teams. San Diego's punter did have an incredible game last week though. But their kicker struggles in the clutch.

I'll sig bet you right now that the pats win by 10+. And I cant stand the pats.

If AJ Feely can take the Pats to the distance, I believe Volek will have just as much of a chance. Chargers will be looking for revenge. If the Charger's D shows up big and limit the Pats to 28 or under, I'm thinking upset.

I'll sig bet you right now that the pats win by 10+. And I cant stand the pats.

Sig bet? What in the world is that? Is that where the winner has to sit down and make a sig for the other guy? No thanks I have better things to do. If you're confident in the Pats, go place a wager on them. I feel confident in my bet on the Chargers at +15.5. They may not win but I don't see this one being a blowout.

The weather this weekend won't be too different from when they played the Jets the second time. Much colder, not quite as wet. Same wind speeds. 14 of their 20 points that day were off of INT TD and a blocked punt that set them up inside the 5.

Weather doesn't play a factor on players. Its a factor on footing and the ball. It hurts quickness and deep ball accuracy. Losing quickness helps DBs. The ball also feels like a solid rock which makes it a lot harder to catch the ball. Both of the Chargers' DBs are big physical corners and the Patriots have struggled against teams playing press coverage late this year.

Only way either team scores 30 this weekend is if they get either 200+ rushing yards, 3+ takeaways, or some special teams TDs.

Sig bet? What in the world is that? Is that where the winner has to sit down and make a sig for the other guy? No thanks I have better things to do. If you're confident in the Pats, go place a wager on them. I feel confident in my bet on the Chargers at +15.5. They may not win but I don't see this one being a blowout.

Please dont try to sound so smug, because it looks really silly to play the old "I have better things to do" card when you are posting on SR.com at 1:30 am on a week night.

Who cares I hope the Chargers get totally humiliated and broken down. Never have and never will like that franchise. I hope Belicheat runs the score up so much the Pats break lawn chairs out by the 4th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom