N/S Phillip Rivers retiring (1 Viewer)

eastbay-95-4.jpg
Gopher is the one I used to get like ALL OF THE TIME

So long to the Father of Us All. Next stop Canton.

He earned my respect when he played in the AFC Championship with a torn ACL. That was a BAMF move.

I hope that the Colts did not give up too much for one and done. He is a great quarter back for sure.

Then so is Rivers.

I think Rivers had a quiet HOF career. In generations to come, he won't be known much. I think Big Ben will be more of a household name. Couple rings, the big dad bod QB, the controversy. Rivers is a guy everyone who watches now knows and will remember, but nothing was ever unique about him except maybe his 34 kids. A lot of great seasons and big numbers in many games, but he's not in any real historical games.

I would say he's at the threshold of who you'd consider a HOFer.

Eli Manning I think will get in because of his 2-0 record against Brady in the SB and his name.

I think Rivers had a quiet HOF career. In generations to come, he won't be known much. I think Big Ben will be more of a household name. Couple rings, the big dad bod QB, the controversy. Rivers is a guy everyone who watches now knows and will remember, but nothing was ever unique about him except maybe his 34 kids. A lot of great seasons and big numbers in many games, but he's not in any real historical games.

I would say he's at the threshold of who you'd consider a HOFer.

Eli Manning I think will get in because of his 2-0 record against Brady in the SB and his name.

And that he is 8th on the all time yards list... And that he has the 2nd longest string of starts in a row only after Favre

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom