N/S Pics of Colts' new stadium (1 Viewer)

Well according to Jindal we'll be the best state that ever existed in four years. That guy has set goals waaaaaaayyyyyy too high. Hopefully he will get something done with the Saints though.

i used to be all about a new stadium. i wanted something breathtaking, something the world would recognize on sight. then i realized, we already have that. :hihi:

im worried with remodeling, also. think of soldier field. there was something mystic about that colonnade in the background that was all but swallowed up by their last remodel. now, "da bears" seem to just be playing in any other random stadium, imho.

does anyone know how they would even begin to remodel the dome? maybe the corridors? is it possible to reconfigure the seating to allow more now that were finally on a season ticket wait list? i mean, what, can we do to the actual stadium part to make it more super-bowl-worthy?

:dreams-of-hacking-through-the-roof-and-installing-a-retractable-section-over-the-field: :mwink:

that is a very nice stadium

too bad that after Manning Retires they'll start to suck again

hey at least they'll have a nice stadium to gawk at

our biggest complaint when we went to the Saints/ Indy game in Sept was the endzone seating was aluminum bleachers. Guess what? The new one too. Got pics w/ my cell phone and clearly you can see the bleachers in the endzone. unreal.

But the exterior glass in a nice touch.

Well according to Jindal we'll be the best state that ever existed in four years. That guy has set goals waaaaaaayyyyyy too high. Hopefully he will get something done with the Saints though.

Our Boy Jindal is a New Orleanian, a Saints Fan and Benson favored Jindal in the Governor run, i think there's a possible chance we get out of that State contract deal and Benson gets what he always wanted, in the next 5-10 years from now.

Jindal is a Baton Rougian and according to New Orleanians, Baton Rougians hate the Saints...

i used to be all about a new stadium. i wanted something breathtaking, something the world would recognize on sight. then i realized, we already have that. :hihi:

im worried with remodeling, also. think of soldier field. there was something mystic about that colonnade in the background that was all but swallowed up by their last remodel. now, "da bears" seem to just be playing in any other random stadium, imho.

does anyone know how they would even begin to remodel the dome? maybe the corridors? is it possible to reconfigure the seating to allow more now that were finally on a season ticket wait list? i mean, what, can we do to the actual stadium part to make it more super-bowl-worthy?

:dreams-of-hacking-through-the-roof-and-installing-a-retractable-section-over-the-field: :mwink:
An article a couple of years ago quoted an architect as saying that the Superdome is actually two separate structures: The outer Shell and the Inner Stadium. You can pretty much rip the inside of the building out and build whatever you want.

I a good name for our new budget version of this stadium for the Saints.

The Supertech Dome

Come on Walmart, buy those naming rights.

I guess I just don't see the "beauty" in it. I think it looks like a huge version of the airplane hangers out at lakefront airport. The announcer during the last game said it looked "like a giant blimp hanger"! The best looking stadium now is Seattle's IMHO. They showed a view from the twelfth man platform during the playoff game and I thought it looked awesome! Hire that guy to design the new Saints stadium when they get the go-ahead.(if he's still alive by then)

The exterior looks like one of those old, brick warehouses with huge windows. It blends in real well with the area it's located in. I really like it because it's not the same old glass and steel crap they throw up for stadiums with no character.

Shoot, the Indianapolis skyline does not look much different than New Orleans. Are they a big market city or about the same as us? I thought thier skyline would look much bigger than ours.

very nice! but.... did anyone else notice the opponent in the scoreboard rendering? along with who just got burned for a touch?

bilde

what can you do?

It seems like highlights for teams and players, is nearly always against the Saints.

I'm surprised they didn't use the Saints colors/logo, in that Steven Jackson/Merriman commercial, where their running through things and doing sacks and everything.

It looks like a giant barn.

Appropriate for Indiana, I guess. Maybe a new Saints stadium could be made to look like a gigantic shotgun-double.

"Lucas Oil Stadium Experience" or L.O.S.E.

Goes right along with

"Count On Losing This Sunday"

Hopefully they bring that nifty 1995 AFC Finalist banner with them :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom