N/S Place Your Bets! Raiders Place Trademarks on Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm still a bit confused as to how this jibes with the Vegas gambling board. Will Raider games be on the "big boards" in those semi-private areas in places like the Bellagio guarded by the guys with shades on?

kackit74

Veteran
Reaction score
For some reason I really like the idea of the Las Vegas Raiders, hope they do move. Those fans still have the 49ers to root for.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
For some reason I really like the idea of the Las Vegas Raiders, hope they do move. Those fans still have the 49ers to root for.
Nah, Oakland fans aren't just going to switch their allegiance to the 49ers. That'd be like saying if the University of Alabama shut down its football program, it'd be no big deal because they'd still have Auburn to root for.

Not a perfect analogy since they're both in the SEC, but you get my drift. If the Saints ever moved somewhere, I think I'd just be done with football for a while until I organically found a new team to root for. It wouldn't be the Texans just because they're the closest to me in proximity.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nah, Oakland fans aren't just going to switch their allegiance to the 49ers. That'd be like saying if the University of Alabama shut down its football program, it'd be no big deal because they'd still have Auburn to root for.

Not a perfect analogy since they're both in the SEC, but you get my drift. If the Saints ever moved somewhere, I think I'd just be done with football for a while until I organically found a new team to root for. It wouldn't be the Texans just because they're the closest to me in proximity.
The NFL would undoubtedly be dead to me if that ever happened.

CountWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Something about the "Las Vegas Raiders" just feels right, ya know?

I think their new mascot should be a melting Sheldon Adelson wax figure.

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They've been wanting out of Oakland for a long time. If that's what they want to do, then I say geaux for it. California has enough teams already.

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really hope this happens, it would be great for Vegas.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm out in Vegas right now and last night on the local news it didn't sound all that promising. Guess the stadium cost would be 1.9 billion dollars and the Raiders want Vegas to put up 750 million of it. The largest union in the state which is the culinary union has already come out against it. To be continued........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Packers place Lane Taylor on injured reserve Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Best bets for MNF: Saints at Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints @ Raiders: Five Numbers That Do Not Lie Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Raiders defeat the Saints 34-24 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
1 Up and 3 Downs from the Saints MNF loss to the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
WATCH: CSC’s week in review breaks down Saints’ surprising loss against the Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 23: More analysis of the Saints/Raiders game as Green Bay looms in the distance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints stayed late in Las Vegas as team held review of loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Saints-Raiders draw significant ratings increase for MNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Second look: Where did the Saints come up short in Monday night loss to Raiders? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints snap counts analysis, Week 2: Rookies didn't see much action vs. Raiders SR News Page Articles 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at the wide receivers, general defensive snaps against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 22: Fallout from the Saints’ week 2 game against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Drew Brees acts his age in off-target loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders score 24 unanswered points to top Saints in first-ever Las Vegas game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After fast start, Saints stumble in humbling loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Postgame Show | Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Derek Carr tosses three touchdowns as Raiders win Las Vegas debut 34-24 over Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Raiders power past Saints in Allegiant Stadium debut SR News Page Articles 0
Blessedog The Raiders played Saints Football and Won Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Raiders rule out Richie Incognito with Achilles Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Watch: Saints rookie tight end Adam Trautman catches first NFL pass against Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders open second half with Darren Waller touchdown to take first lead Saints RSS News Feeds 0
17 all: Saints at Raiders 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Alvin Kamara is having a field day against the Raiders early Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Raiders tie Saints 17-17 with 10 points in final 1:44 of first half Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Raiders: Monday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders inactive lists: Michael Thomas no, Cesar Ruiz yes. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Week 1 standouts Margus Hunt and Bennie Fowler III called up from practice squad for Saints vs. Raiders game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs. Raiders: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Droopy Saints Captains' Families HYPED Send-Off to Fathers Ahead of Week 2 at Raiders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
FOX Sports New Orleans to re-air 2020 Saints games starting Week 2 vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How the Saints can attack the Raiders through the air tonight on Monday Night Football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Get Hype: Saints at Raiders | NFL Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints vs. Raiders odds, line: NFL picks, Monday Night Football predictions from model on 100-65 roll SR News Page Articles 0
RedJem Saints vs Raiders Gameday Updates 9-21-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 147
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2495
What will we watch closely in Saints vs. Raiders? Saints offense without Michael Thomas, for one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saintsvs. Raiders comical video Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
How to watch, follow Saints vs. Raiders: Get key broadcast information, expert picks, more Saints RSS News Feeds 0
4 downs (Saints vs. Raiders) Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Emmanuel Sanders on Saints Wide Receivers, Week 2 gameplan | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Terron Armstead on Saints D-line, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints vs. Raiders: Matchups to Watch SR News Page Articles 0