N/S Place Your Bets! Raiders Place Trademarks on Las Vegas (1 Viewer)

I'm still a bit confused as to how this jibes with the Vegas gambling board. Will Raider games be on the "big boards" in those semi-private areas in places like the Bellagio guarded by the guys with shades on?

For some reason I really like the idea of the Las Vegas Raiders, hope they do move. Those fans still have the 49ers to root for.

For some reason I really like the idea of the Las Vegas Raiders, hope they do move. Those fans still have the 49ers to root for.

Nah, Oakland fans aren't just going to switch their allegiance to the 49ers. That'd be like saying if the University of Alabama shut down its football program, it'd be no big deal because they'd still have Auburn to root for.

Not a perfect analogy since they're both in the SEC, but you get my drift. If the Saints ever moved somewhere, I think I'd just be done with football for a while until I organically found a new team to root for. It wouldn't be the Texans just because they're the closest to me in proximity.

Nah, Oakland fans aren't just going to switch their allegiance to the 49ers. That'd be like saying if the University of Alabama shut down its football program, it'd be no big deal because they'd still have Auburn to root for.

Not a perfect analogy since they're both in the SEC, but you get my drift. If the Saints ever moved somewhere, I think I'd just be done with football for a while until I organically found a new team to root for. It wouldn't be the Texans just because they're the closest to me in proximity.

The NFL would undoubtedly be dead to me if that ever happened.

Something about the "Las Vegas Raiders" just feels right, ya know?

I think their new mascot should be a melting Sheldon Adelson wax figure.

They've been wanting out of Oakland for a long time. If that's what they want to do, then I say geaux for it. California has enough teams already.

I really hope this happens, it would be great for Vegas.

I'm out in Vegas right now and last night on the local news it didn't sound all that promising. Guess the stadium cost would be 1.9 billion dollars and the Raiders want Vegas to put up 750 million of it. The largest union in the state which is the culinary union has already come out against it. To be continued........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom