N/S - Players-only meeting Tampa after week 1 (1 Viewer)

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
Per multiple league sources, the Buccaneers conducted a players-only meeting in the wake of Sunday’s defeat-from-the-jaws-of-victory performance at MetLife Stadium against the Jets.

The full agenda isn’t known. One league source tells PFT that the discussion included the raising of concerns regarding the legitimacy of the vote that resulted in quarterback Josh Freeman losing the captain’s “C” from his jersey.

LINK

I doubt that they organized the meeting to bicker. They probably did it as a way to improve. But definitely...there are issues there. The fans are turning against Schiano and Freeman. If the Saints jump out to a quick lead/Freeman throws a quick INT...it could get early quick. The Bucs really are on the brink of destruction. I actually like the city of Tampa...so I kind of wish this was happening to Carolina or Atlanta instead.

After that performance, it's the "C" on Josh's jersey that they were worried about?

Anyway, I have little doubt that the Bucs--or at least most of them--will find reasons to play hard this Sunday. 41-0, if nothing else. And Coach Payton's last trip to RayJay didn't turn out all that well. Of course, the Saints will be motivated too.

a players only meeting after week 1??!??!?!?!?!

yeah, ok. Ill watch this train-wreck unfold over the next 15 weekends.

Geez, the Bucs are a mess. Looks like we are headed to another failed college coach.

Oh, and since it was mentioned in the article, the "did it or didn't happen" players only meeting at USC is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

The game Sunday is going to be tougher than a lot of Saints fans want to give it credit for. The Bucs can't afford to start the season 0-2.

a players only meeting after week 1??!??!?!?!?!

yeah, ok. Ill watch this train-wreck unfold over the next 15 weekends.

Yeah, that's the first time I've ever heard of that. lol. Seems like a really desperate move after just one week... I know it was a bad loss and all but geez...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom