5) Falcons
6) Eagles

6-eagles beats 3-giants
5-falcons beats 4-cards

1-NO beats 6-eagles
2-Vikings beats 5-falcons

1-NO beats 2-vikings

NO makes the Superbowl

I'm not going to predict the SB. Brees vs Manning will be a huge name draw to the SB and while i believe the saints are an overall better team, manning has more big game experiance and its hard to be against peyton manning. Plus any given sunday rules always apply

Call me silly, but I'd love to play the Falcons in the NFCCG in the Super Dome.... you get to beat the Falcons and earn a trip to your first SB!

Yeah its a little early but here is how i see the playoff picture shaping up

AFC
divison winners (top4 teams)
1) Indy
2) Denver
3) NE
4) Steelers

wild card potential teams
Bal, cincy, jax, hou, NYJ, SD

no chance teams
KC, Oak, Tenn, Cle, Buff, Mia

NFC
Divison winners (top 4 teams)
1) NO
2) Vikings
3) Giants
4) Cards

Wild card potential teams
Eagles, packers, bears, falcons, niners

No chance teams
cowboys, skins, lions, panthers, bucs, seahawks, rams

I think it will wind up like this
AFC
1) Indy
2) Den
3) NE
4) Steelers
5) Balt
6) Cincy

3-NE beats 6-Cincy
5-Ravens beat 4-Steelers

1-Indy beats 5-ravens
3-NE beats 2-Den

1-Indy beats 3-NE

Indy makes Superbowl

NFC
1) NO
2) Vikings
3) Giants
4) Cards
5) Falcons
6) Eagles

6-eagles beats 3-giants
5-falcons beats 4-cards

1-NO beats 6-eagles
2-Vikings beats 5-falcons

1-NO beats 2-vikings

NO makes the Superbowl

I'm not going to predict the SB. Brees vs Manning will be a huge name draw to the SB and while i believe the saints are an overall better team, manning has more big game experiance and its hard to be against peyton manning. Plus any given sunday rules always apply

If this happens, its a victory for NOLA either way. I'll be pleased if not elated and think that next year really will be the year - again - just like I have for 41 years since wearing diapers at Tulane Stadium. Only next year like this year will be realistic unlike 36 or 37 of the past.

Just sayin.

Philly will hate us forever and it'll go beyound the hatred they have for us now. It'll be a legacy hatred, one they pass down to their children.
NotRatnerExcellent.jpg

Kinda off topic, but if 2 teams in the same conference play a perfect season, would the decision come to a coin flip for the top seed?

Well saying that teams like Dallas and Miami have no chance for the playoffs in week 6...... well is just plain dumb..... especially since we have to play those teams...... apparently you dont believe in superstition or karma...... I would never make those accusations when my team has to play those "no chance at a playoff" teams....

Kinda off topic, but if 2 teams in the same conference play a perfect season, would the decision come to a coin flip for the top seed?

DETERMINING HOME-FIELD PRIORITY

1. To determine home-field priority among division titlists, apply Wild-Card tie breakers.
  2. To determine home-field priority for Wild-Card qualifiers, apply division tie breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild-Card tie breakers (if teams are from different divisions).

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  4. Strength of victory.
  5. Strength of schedule.
  6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best net points in conference games.
  9. Best net points in all games.
  10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  11. Coin toss.
Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in conference games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

Before the season, I didn't predict the SB participants....only the NFC Championship game....beween the Vikes @ Saints.....looks like more & more fans & experts start to realize that the Vikes probably are the team who could make it to the NFC Championship game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom