N/S - Possible Roy Williams (WR)/Lito Shepperd trade in the works (1 Viewer)

Per KFFL;

Shame. I know several of us here wanted both of those players at one time or another.

LOL, I gotta bring this up..... Talk about BAD drafting, 4 Receivers drafted in the first round over the last 4 years and only 1 will be on the roster. Correct me if i'm wrong... Matt Millan still has his job, right?? How??

He must have some nice dirt on someone.

I don't know who has better luck with WR the lions or the Eagles.

In the past 9 drafts, the Eagles have only drafted one receiver in the first round (Freddie Mitchell), along with two in the second round (Todd Pinkston and Reggie Brown). The situations aren't really comparable.

I agree with Spam. Usually in a Tampa 2 cover defense, you want a 200 lb CB who can act like a S in run support, or rather take the place of a traditional safety in run support. You also kind of need a dominant DT to allow your quick undersized DE's and LB's to get to the ball carrier quickly and they traded that guy away for a pick and Lee Bodden, whom I happen to love.

True enough. Sheppard is a decent tackler, but he has enough injury issues without being relied upon so heavily in run support.

Do you mean Reggie Brown? That guy catches just as bad as Devery, without the speed.

I'd be far more concerned about Kevin Curtis and Roy Williams. Curtis was the only receiver in Philly last year that had a good year. He's the real deal.

yeah, Brown isnt a threat,,, Mr Roy N Speedy Curtis is the threat!

but here's what i read on kffl
Kent Somers, of The Arizona Republic, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have talked to the Arizona Cardinals about acquiring WR Larry Fitzgerald. Eagles CB Lito Sheppard and WR Reggie Brown were rumored to be part of the offer.

MrSt0nEd is correct.

KFFL is reporting that Arizona and Philly are talking about trading Fitzgerald for both Lito Sheppard and Reggie Brown...

Detroit just acquired Brian Kelly as well, another solid Cover 2 corner. Plus they acquired Leigh Bodden from Cleveland (who I would have loved to get) I doubt they trade there best player for yet another corner, much less an expensive one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom