N/S: Postseason (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Personally, I don't put that much stock in so-called NFL experts and their picks. To me, I'd give more serious consideration to Mike Detellier and posters at SSF ...on who may be victorious in the postseason.

I'm certainly no expert, but this is to kick the can around...

The Jags v. Pats game will be intriguing. I say the Jags had a lot taken out of them at Pittsburgh. The power running game of the Jags is a factor to be reckoned with. But the Pats' defense is no slouch. The fresh, rested Pats have too many weapons ...and the Pats' head coach didn't get "Coach of the Year" for nothing. They will have a great scheme ready, and should prevail. Pats 31 Jags 17

Chargers v. Colts should be a big advantage for the home team. It's payback time, and the reigning World Champs will not allow an upset in "their house." Colts 29 Bolts 20

Giants v. Cowboys. I see this as a see-saw game, with a couple of lead changes in the first half. Giants defense will create problems early on, until Dallas figures out how to make the right adjustments. In the end, the well-rested Cowboys (...sorry to say it :covri: ) will prevail. Cowboys 27 Giants 23

Seahawks v. Packers. The atmosphere at Lambeau will be insane. Seattle will almost have to abandon their running game, which will play into the hands of Green Bay. Hasselbeck will have moments of brilliance, but won't be able to carry his team in this one ...at Lambeau... in mid-January. Uhhh... no. Packers 29 Seahawks 12

JMHO

:gosaints:

Personally, I don't put that much stock in so-called NFL experts and their picks. To me, I'd give more serious consideration to Mike Detellier and posters at SSF ...on who may be victorious in the postseason.

The Jags v. Pats game will be intriguing. I say the Jags had a lot taken out of them at Pittsburgh. The power running game of the Jags is a factor to be reckoned with. But the Pats' defense is no slouch. The fresh, rested Pats have too many weapons ...and the Pats' head coach didn't get "Coach of the Year" for nothing. They will have a great scheme ready, and should prevail. Pats 31 Jags 17

Chargers v. Colts should be a big advantage for the home team. It's payback time, and the reigning World Champs will not allow an upset in "their house." Colts 29 Bolts 20

Giants v. Cowboys. I see this as a see-saw game, with a couple of lead changes in the first half. Giants defense will create problems early on, until Dallas figures out how to make the right adjustments. In the end, the well-rested Cowboys (...sorry to say it :covri: ) will prevail. Cowboys 27 Giants 23

Seahawks v. Packers. The atmosphere at Lambeau will be insane. Seattle will almost have to abandon their running game, which will play into the hands of Green Bay. Hasselbeck will have moments of brilliance, but won't be able to carry his team in this one ...at Lambeau... in mid-January. Uhhh... no. Packers 29 Seahawks 12

JMHO

:gosaints:

I agree...Ben Rothelisberger is/was no Tom Brady that the Jags will be facing...although the Pats defense has been a slouched in pass defense...they've played well enough to allow the offense to do it's thing...VIctory=Patriots

I love the Charger defense....but if Manning has shown me anything...it's been his ability to still win without his "main man" Marvin Harrison in the line-up...and yes...he'll have him in the playoffs...Victory=Colts

Cowboys...."Got T.O.????"...will Romo be without his life-line [T.O.] in the line-up...will he have enough offensive fire-power to surpass the Giants defense....without T.O....I don't think so...Victory=Giants [minus T.O.]

Break out the blankets...plug in the feet warmers....there's a chill in the air...there ought to be a law about having to play in the frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field...ugh...enough said...Victory=Packers

Last edited:
Good post, here's my take:

With 2 weeks to prepare, I'm not sure it's even that close. Pats 37, Jags 13

I see both AFC games as blowouts. At SD earlier in the season, the Colts were beat up, playing without numerous starters, the Chargers returned 2 kicks for TDs, Peyton threw 6 picks, Vinatieri missed a late 20-somthing yard FG, and they still barely lost. This time they are much healthier and in their house -- Colts 34, Chargers 17.

My upset pick of the weekend. Overwhelmingly the NFC divisional round historically holds to form (top 2 seeds winning), so this is a tough tendency to go against, but I just don't like the way Dallas has finished they season. The Giants have shown me a lot the past 3 weeks (at Buf, vs NE, at TB), and I think they continue their roll. Close exciting game - Giants 30, Cowboys 27 (maybe even in OT)

Seahawks keep it close for the first half as Green Bay takes a little while to get in rhythm, but Grant has a big second half running the ball and the Pack pulls away in the 4th quarter - Packers 27, Seahawks 19.

For all those people who are so ridiculously confident in the Patriots, I have this warning.

thejaunt_jagsbroncos.jpg

Does THIS ring a bell?

Last edited:
Jags - Runrunrunrunrunrunrunrun the ball
Colts - Payton has the taste for blood and he wants a repeat
Pack - I think the D will be the MVP in this game.
Giants - Wishful thinking pick, but I can see it too. Run it down their throats.

I've seen plenty of upsets in the playoffs, but Jacksonville is going to have to play the game of their lives on defense.

I won't be upset, but as we saw with Philadelphia and Baltimore, you have to keep the pressure on for 60 mins against the Pats to win. I only see the Colts being able to do that.

Not that I don't give the Pats OLine any credit, I truly believe that Jax DLine should be successful enough in disrupting the running AND passing game. That should free up the LBers to get even better penetration and dirty up Brady's clean uni. Combine that with Jax secondary, and I see what could be a great upset.

Jax needs to execute on offense and keep the ball out of Brady's hands with long drives. If that's not done, then it's a shootout.

The same Jax secondary that we bulldozed this year?

The Pats (like us) are the perfect kind of offense to totally dominate Jax by spreading them out. I also don't see the Pats 10th ranked run D suddenly rolling over and letting the Jags just run all over them.

I was in the dome this year, I saw Drew Brees put up 450 yards on the Jags crap secondary. I saw last Saturday when the Steelers should have come back and won that game by spreading them out in the second half and passing on them. Now, if the Jags secondary can't stop the Saints and Steelers what the hell makes you think they'll stop the Patriots record breaking offense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom