N/S Raiders Fans Really Not Happy With Gruden (1 Viewer)

635896736517167760-USP-NFL-Oakland-Raiders-Nnamdi-Asomugha-Press-Con.jpg

Good lord that is one ugly looking haircut. Just terrible lol...

I never got why everyone was so enamored with him. He won a SB with Dungey's team and didn't do jack squat anywhere else.

Lol I too think he’s overrated.
And you have to win some games. If indeed he’s got ownership believing they need a purge then he is in zero hot water this year.

Good lord that is one ugly looking haircut. Just terrible lol...

Oh my. I only have a tad bit of functionality out of one eye. The other one is already toast.....I’m hopeful after seeing this that the ‘good’ eye can recover.
Not gonna lie, I will be very perturbed if that is the last thing I ever see.
Gracious.

To be fair to Gruden, he hasn't inherited much. The defense stunk outside of mack, Carr has regressed badly and not worth his contract, Cooper hasn't become anything special although that may be because of Carr, and their oline stinks.

Unfortunately Jon was stuck between a rock and a hard place with Mack. Since they already have a boat load to Carr, another large contract would have hurt their growth. Hindsight being " 50/50", they should've just paid Mack.

Gruden is rebuilding the team. I think fans should give him longer than 6 games. With that said, he is definitely an overrated coach.

The Raiders are one year removed from being a 12-4 team. Gruden did not inherit a trash team here. Even if that 12-4 record in 2016 was a bit of a fluke with close wins, it's still a great record.

Their o-line was decent in 2016. Gruden hired Tom Cable of all coaches to handle the o-line. For someone who spent over a decade on MNF commentating games, I guess he completely ignored how god awful Seattle's o-line has been the last five years. It's even worse when considering the fact that Al Davis himself fired Cable for his domestic violence arrest and yet his clown son Mark Davis and Gruden rehire him years later.

These fans who spent years talking about how he would turn a team around and completely ignoring how bad he was in Tampa Bay, are getting what they wanted. We have been hearing this crap for years. I've lost count of how many fan bases I've seen in the last several years scream about firing their coaches and hiring Gruden.

Many of us knew Gruden was going to destroy this team, but it's shocking how fast he's turned them into a dumpster fire. This is comparable to what Ditka did to us, but he's managing to one-up Ditka by destroying them at a much faster pace. Ditka didn't quite ruin our team until he traded away our entire draft for one player.

Yeah I can see why their fans are sour when a new coach is rebuilding a team that just seemed like a contender.

Glad it's not my franchise.

The hall of fame is full of coaches that didnt have winning seasons to start. Tom Landry went 0-11-1 in 1960. Chuck Noll went 1-13. The 1974 Americas Game is a great documentary on rebuilding a team. His opening speech to the Steeler team he inherited, he flat out said: I will watch your tape, watch you practice, and I’ll be honest, most of you guys will not be back next year.

He built his team through the draft. His first pick being Joe Greene. Heck they had that one draft with like four hall of famers.

Gruden might stay bad for a few years but he’s got the security to reboot this team.

I’m sure Jimmy Johnson got flack for only winning one game his first year. Troy Aikman was the #1 overall pick. He probably looked foolish trading their star RB for a bunch of picks, too.

I’d preach patience. They only thing I remember about the pre-Gruden Raiders is they could not catch an interception. I think they broke a record for consecutive games without one. They weren’t great so I wold be okay with his kind of overhaul.

You’d think that a young upcoming QB with a young top pass rusher of the game would be the reason he was enticed to join the Raiders. Now the pass rusher is gone and Carr is on the table too.

What are they doing over there in Oakland?

My take.

Yes, Gruden is obviously rebuilding. Why is he rebuilding a team that was 12-4 two years ago? He didn’t like the talent level overall and wants “his guys.” I don’t think he likes or even listens to the GM. Gruden has put together his own scouting staff separate from the team scouting staff.

If their was a time to suck/tank, now is the right time. He’s in his first year, so his record doesn’t matter. The Raiders don’t even have a contract to play in Oakland next year, they may be sharing the 9ers stadium. Plus, they play in Mexico and London next year.

So, the theory goes, he’s selling off everything: Carr, Cooper, anyone he can get picks for. And he’ll spend the next two drafts and offseasons putting together his team. Some have speculated that he might sign Flacco if he’s released because Gruden likes veteran QBs, ala Rich Gannon.

The problem. The game has passed Gruden by. Once he has blown this team up, and rebuilt it with his guys, everyone will realize he just built the perfect 1998 team.

Imagine Ford releasing a truck next year that brags about how much gas it uses and boasts about it’s AM radio, manual windows and door locks. No power steering, no anti lock breaks, and a column shifter!

4 years in to a 10 year deal, not a single winning season and just finished 2-14. Gruden may be begging to go back to the booth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom