N/S Raiders re-sign Fargas (1 Viewer)

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112473

That's likely one name out of the Darren McFadden sweepstakes, with Fargas and Michael Bush in the backfield. This further strengthens the likelihood that they will take a DT with their 1st pick. I wouldn't be surprised to see him fall.
Nah, I doubt it. If McFadden falls to the Raiders, they would be silly to not pick him just because they re-signed a utility scat back. But I agree with pennstater, they may be picking an OT due to need and not BPA.

Nah, I doubt it. If McFadden falls to the Raiders, they would be silly to not pick him just because they re-signed a utility scat back. But I agree with pennstater, they may be picking an OT due to need and not BPA.

They still have dominque rhodes too... RB is the least of their needs... they need OLinemen and WRs.

Well we aren't privy to the Raiders draft board, but I would suspect that they have McFadden rated as a higher "player" than, say, Jake Long. That obviously doesn't mean the Raiders would draft McFadden; I do not know if their philosophy is "best player available" "reach for need" or "whoever Al Davis doesn't drool on" but suffice it to say that I would not pass up on a talent like McFadden unless I absolutely had to. The running backs that the Raiders have wouldn't concern me nearly as much as the fact that a similarly rated player at a position of great need (OT) is available would.

Who knows what the Raiders are going to do... I just don't think re-signing Fargas gives any insight into the crypt that is Al Davis' mind.

The top of the draft boggles the mind:

Miami could go Matt Ryan or Chris Long

If Miami chooses Long, St. Louis chooses Jake Long, Dorsey or Ellis.

If Miami chooses Ryan, what does Atlanta do? McFadden? Brohm? DT?

If St. Louis chooses Jake Long, the Raiders probably take a DT, which is most likely regardless. But what does KC do? Do they reach for Clady or shore up the D-Line with the other DT? Are both DTs taken? If so, then is it Clady?

The top 5 is so messed up right now, even without factoring in the coin flip for 3-5. :hihi:

The Raiders finished 6th in the NFL in rushing... and this is with Rhodes missing the 1st 4 games of the year, and maybe a couple more. They have waaay more pressing needs than RB, and as crazy as Al Davis is... i doubt they'd draft McFadden when they already have Bush, Fargas, and Rhodes on the roster. I'm not sure, but i think Lamont Jordan is still on their roster too.

They need help on the Oline, a DT to replace Sapp, and WRs for their 60 million $$ QB to pass to.

Al is crazy enough to draft DMC though... :loco:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom