N/S Rams Hire Sean McVay As Head Coach (1 Viewer)

Rumour is he is bringing Wade Phillips for the defense, which represents a major change.

I can't say if it is a good signing, but certainly looks like a gamble to get the youngest coach ever...

Not sure I get that hiring. We will see.

Gary Klein in the LA Times explains:

McVay was offered the job after his second interview with the Rams on Wednesday. Owner Stan Kroenke was at the meeting.

McVay initially interviewed last week and reportedly wowed Rams executives before doing the same in an interview with the San Francisco 49ers on Monday.

Though he has no experience as a head coach, McVay fulfills the Rams’ perceived need for an offense-minded coach to fix what has been the NFL’s worst offense for two consecutive seasons. The Rams were searching for a coach who could nurture quarterback Jared Goff directly or with the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

And as Guillermo notes above, it's widely reported that Wade Phillips is his first choice for DC, although I've not seen any reports that Wade has reciprocated his interest.

This right here is why that franchise is doomed to fail. Payton might have left this offseason but not for the Rams.

I'm not mentally prepared to have a NFL coach older than me. I'm depressed enough that I'm older than most of the players.

Getting old sucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom