N/S Rams Hire Wade Phillips As DC (1 Viewer)

Would have liked him here

Do we have enough talents for him to be successful here? In Denver, especially last year, he had some of the premier players on defense. Not just role players, but premier players on all positions. He had the players to fit into his scheme. Remember, he was fired from the Texan a few years back. That is not to say he won't be successful here, but as of now, are our players good enough to allow him to be successful? What if Dennis Allen was coaching that Denver defense during their Super Bowl run? Because losing some key free agents, their defense did suffered a bit this past season. I am not for or against Wade Phillips coming here, but could anyone see any huge difference?

Man the Broncos are falling hard after that super bowl win.

It goes to show how fleeting top level success can be in the NFL. The Broncos did have a great run while Peyton was there though; making two Super Bowls in 3 years is no small feat. Gonna be tough for them to put the pieces back together.

Do we have enough talents for him to be successful here? In Denver, especially last year, he had some of the premier players on defense. Not just role players, but premier players on all positions. He had the players to fit into his scheme. Remember, he was fired from the Texan a few years back. That is not to say he won't be successful here, but as of now, are our players good enough to allow him to be successful? What if Dennis Allen was coaching that Denver defense during their Super Bowl run? Because losing some key free agents, their defense did suffered a bit this past season. I am not for or against Wade Phillips coming here, but could anyone see any huge difference?

I understand your point. You would have to look at his track record to get the answer for that. I see Wade Phillips as a guy like GW - someone who can get the most production out of the least talent. He was fired from the Texans as a Interim Head Coach, not Defensive Coordinator.

DA is not a bad coordinator, but he doesn't have the skins on the wall or the proven track record that Phillips does.

I understand your point. You would have to look at his track record to get the answer for that. I see Wade Phillips as a guy like GW - someone who can get the most production out of the least talent. He was fired from the Texans as a Interim Head Coach, not Defensive Coordinator.

DA is not a bad coordinator, but he doesn't have the skins on the wall or the proven track record that Phillips does.

Also to be fair to Dennis, Vacarro, Fairly, Stupar, Robinson, and to some degree Byrd had their best season under him. The jury is still out on Dennis. I do like his approach but I can't say much until next season. If we improve significantly on defense, then I will consider Dennis to be a good coordination. Based on our porous defense, I do understand why some would want Wade. We will see.

Man. I can't believe they didn't hire Les Miles as their DC. What's wrong with them?

And then they hired Bill Johnson as their d-line coach. Now he gets Aaron Donald...talk about failing up.

If Payton truly cared about winning, we would have hired Phillips. But we will continue to try to win games by outscoring our opponents. And we will do it roughly half the time, give or take a game.

We gave up a whopping 28.4 ppg this past season, only the 49ers were worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom