N/S random championship game question (1 Viewer)

blackngold4877

Very Banned
Reaction score
So I got to thinking, the AFC and NFC title game times are predetermined and switch off every year, a fact which is made more obvious by this years NFC title game being a night game in Green Bay. Anyway, it led me to ask an interesting question, since the time are predetermined, what do they do if the Giants and Jets both get home conference championship games? They'd have to move one of the games back to 1 and move the other up to 7 and risk the ratings drop, right? I wonder if they have a plan in place for that. Anyway.. just thinking out loud, I thought it was interesting.

Great question. The good news in this scenario is that the Jets should have a new stadium open by 2010 (I think)-so it might be a moot issue. Clearly the Jets should not be in the title game before then...LOL.

I think that new stadium is still going to be shared by the Jets and Giants. Let me dig around, but thats what I remember seeing in the article about it (the composite drawing had the Jets in one endzone and Giants in the other).

Wow....Interesting question. I am thinking they would have to have championship weekend played over two days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom