N/S Ravens Season Opener May Be Forced To Go On Road (1 Viewer)

RT3

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Ravens' Season Opener In Doubt
There is a tradition that the Super Bowl-winning team opens at home on Thursday night. That’s a desirable game for the champions because it’s a celebration of their season and allows for longer rest before their Week 2 game.

The opener would be scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 5, but the Baltimore Orioles, who play next door and share parking lots, also have a game slated for that night at 7:05 p.m. versus the Chicago White Sox.

One option the league considered was for the Ravens to play on Wednesday night, but decided against it because that's the Jewish holiday Rosh Hashanah.

Wow, let the Superbowl Champions banner game take a backseat to one of the local baseball teams 400 regular season games? If the city of Baltimore is smart they'll make the Orioles reschedule.

It is hard to believe they can't flex/move the Orioles game, this far in advance. It's not like many people will be going to see them play the White Sox anyway...

Cancel an event that millions watch for an event that nobody watches. Ha ha!!!

I forgot that they still play baseball.

Sounds like they should put you in charge. Good idea.

:plus-un2:

I'll vote for him for commissioner...

oh and if they want to get technical about rosh hashanah this year, it begins wednesday september 4 and ends friday september 6. so really they shouldnt have the game on wed, thurs or friday.

and yes i googled that...

I'll vote for him for commissioner...

oh and if they want to get technical about rosh hashanah this year, it begins wednesday september 4 and ends friday september 6. so really they shouldnt have the game on wed, thurs or friday.

and yes i googled that...

They wouldn't want me for commissioner. I'd exonerate everyone involved in the in the Bounty mess, restore all lost draft picks as well, and make owners pay for new stadiums and stadium upgrades. I'm bad for business.:hihi:

Orioles can just make it a day game, not that big of an issue

Uh Oh , The NFL gets their season opener pushed around by an MLB game? Yeah right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom