N/S Ravens trade for Ngakoue (1 Viewer)

They will get smoked in the playoffs again. But yes they are always in contention. No one is beating KC in January when it matters anyway.
I’ll be honest, I think it’s going to be the Seahawks and Chiefs in the SB unless we can get the led out.

8 gms and cost them an early second rounder. Now they get a late 3rd. Man New Orleans where were we on this. Actually we don’t have a 3rd unless we get a comp pick but can’t trade it until announced. Gonna be hard to trade at the deadline unless we want to give a 2nd or 4

I’ll be honest, I think it’s going to be the Seahawks and Chiefs in the SB unless we can get the led out.

Seahawks defense is pretty bad this year. They've been bailed out by a combination of Russell Wilson and not playing a team with a winning record yet. NFC is honestly pretty wide open, whereas the AFC has the Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans all clearly separating themselves from the rest of the pack.

Seahawks defense is pretty bad this year. They've been bailed out by a combination of Russell Wilson and not playing a team with a winning record yet. NFC is honestly pretty wide open, whereas the AFC has the Chiefs, Ravens, and Titans all clearly separating themselves from the rest of the pack.
I would add the Steelers to that mix

Bad deal for Vikings since that gave up a second round in 2021 (which based on current standings) they now move further back to the Ravens' position in the third round next year. They also gave up a fifth round in 2022 to the Jags, and now they get Ravens fifth round, so again they move further back in the draft order. Sounds like the Vikings GM lost big time in this deal. Could see Viking coach and gm looking for work next year.

Bad deal for Vikings since that gave up a second round in 2021 (which based on current standings) they now move further back to the Ravens' position in the third round next year. They also gave up a fifth round in 2022 to the Jags, and now they get Ravens fifth round, so again they move further back in the draft order. Sounds like the Vikings GM lost big time in this deal. Could see Viking coach and gm looking for work next year.
Given that Zimmer has been a thorn in our side, I would be happy to see that happen. Maybe they can makeup with Brad Childress and give him another chance (now they just need to find his windowless van).

It's interesting to see how teams value draft picks and how they use them. Some teams rarely trade for veteran talent. Some teams trade draft picks to bring in big name players. Some teams value picks more and trade down to get more picks. The Texans went with the bold approach of giving away picks and big name players. The Vikings traded picks for a name player and then traded the name player for worse picks. Different stroke for different folks.

The Saints rarely trade their picks for name players. Instead they trade picks willy nilly to move up in the draft. Cap wise it wouldn't make sense for them to use picks on expensive name players but it sure would be fun.

I would add the Steelers to that mix
Steelers with their defense this year, may have their best team in many years! They are a real threat. Chiefs defense is what will get them knocked out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom