N/S Ravens Zach Orr to retire (1 Viewer)

Heard he had a serious neck injury at the end of the season

So he spent his whole life preparing for this shot at the NFL and he didn't even earn a mil before quitting? I would've at least waited til a payday

Per Jamison Hensley
ESPN Staff Writer
Ravens LB Zach Orr announces his retirement after tests revealed that he had a congenital neck and spine injury. "When I found out the news, it was shocking," Orr said.

So he spent his whole life preparing for this shot at the NFL and he didn't even earn a mil before quitting? I would've at least waited til a payday

Because a payday is much more important than use of your arms, legs, bowel, bladder, and genitalia.

Considering a payday could mean his entire family and his children wouldn't ever struggle with finances yea maybe.

idk, if i were one of his family members i'd much rather have him live a full, able-bodied life than money.

So if someone offered you 1 million dollars but a close family member would die you would agree to that?

.......who said anything about dying? Typical hyperbole. There are ways to play safely. I made my comment before I saw the tweet about him finding out about his spinal condition. If it's gonna kill him then obviously he made the right choice. But if not, I'd make risks like that if it meant my family would be set for life.

.......who said anything about dying? Typical hyperbole. There are ways to play safely. I made my comment before I saw the tweet about him finding out about his spinal condition. If it's gonna kill him then obviously he made the right choice. But if not, I'd make risks like that if it meant my family would be set for life.

So paralysis is totally worth it for a payday? There are other ways to set your family up without taking that kind of risk. One is teaching them to be self reliant and have a work ethic.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Zach Orr*announced Friday a recently discovered*congenital neck condition will force him to retire after only three seasons in the league.*

"This is something I was born with and it’s something that less than 1% of the world population*has," Orr said at a news conference at the Ravens' training facility.*"It’s at the top of my spine and something that never formed completely. It puts me at an increased risk, more than we are already at (as football players), for a fatality or being paralyzed. This pretty much disqualifies me from playing collision sports."

Upper spinal cord injuries where his defect is will not only lead to total paralysis but also eventual complications and death within a matter of just a few years.

So paralysis is totally worth it for a payday? There are other ways to set your family up without taking that kind of risk. One is teaching them to be self reliant and have a work ethic.

Upper spinal cord injuries where his defect is will not only lead to total paralysis but also eventual complications and death within a matter of just a few years.

Well then he obviously made the right decision. I even said I didn't know it was a congenital spinal defect when I made the comment. Just thought he was retiring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom