N/S Ray Rice from Rutgers (1 Viewer)

jayd265

Fleur de LEE
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this guy play this year? I saw the stats from saturdays game with him in it and looked him up this year. just about every game he played he had over 100 yds rushing. some were in the 200s (including the bowl when he had 280 and 4 tds. not saying saints should draft him or nothing but this guy looks like hes gonna be very good in the NFL.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=176934

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
Did Rice declare yet? Methinks he might stay at RU next year to raise his draft stock and compete for the Heisman...

hammernnails

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
RU was around the corner from where I lived in NJ ... this kid is the real deal .. He carried the RU offense the past 3 years.. and he is extremly nice in his interviews with no off feild issues.... someone is going to get an excellent RB ....a 1st round guy IMHO..

geauxboy

Boo Boo Bear
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Rice will stay because the majority of the team wants to stay one more year. If he stays, he could tear up Dayne's record. If he goes pro, he could be very good. I do have to wonder about his size though.

BlackReign

All-Pro
Reaction score
This seems to be a deep draft at the RB position. However the saints have NO need to draft a RB in ANY round this year! Even if Deuce cant play next season, im 100% confident in Bush, Thomas and Stecker....

My favorite RB in the draft this year is Jonathan Stewart from Oregon. He is a absolute beast!!

str8outtajerzy

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
RU was around the corner from where I lived in NJ ... this kid is the real deal .. He carried the RU offense the past 3 years.. and he is extremly nice in his interviews with no off feild issues.... someone is going to get an excellent RB ....a 1st round guy IMHO..
Carried the offense? My My how we forget about Brian Leonard...

Reaction score
As another NJ native who attended a few RU games the last couple of years, yes. Ray Rice is going to be a player.

I don't purport to know anything about the draft or how prospects rank (outside of the first rounders), but whoever eventually gets Rice is going to be very happy. Met him once at a bar, too. Great guy.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
i think thomas will be ok, we just need #26 to stay heathy or sign a vet we'll be good
I don't think management brings #26 back. I'm sorry but I think he will be cut and asked back at a significantly reduced price. Whether he comes back or not is the question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom