N/S: Redskins bombshell about to drop....(Not name related) (1 Viewer)

So, you are saying that women are incapable of flirting to gain favor? I've witnessed this more than a few times, in situations where the two parties are equals as well....Agree to disagree....
It's irrelevant.

Women are capable of doing anything. Including sexual harassment of an underling.

Let me ask you - are men incapable of self control because a pretty woman bats her eyelashes at them?

I get what you are saying... But the point is simple - don't respond because nothing good will happen in a corporate setting.

It's irrelevant.

Women are capable of doing anything. Including sexual harassment of an underling.

Let me ask you - are men incapable of self control because a pretty woman bats her eyelashes at them?

I get what you are saying... But the point is simple - don't respond because nothing good will happen in a corporate setting.

Some men are, some men aren't. I totally agree with your last statement...I totally disagree that it is irrelevant...

Would it be considered sexual harassment if the woman, who was an underling, was flirtatious or made sexual advances with a higher up? What if the higher up reciprocated? What about people in the same level?

Sexual Harassment
It is unlawful to harass a person (an applicant or employee) because of that person's sex. Harassment can include "sexual harassment" or unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical harassment of a sexual nature.
Harassment does not have to be of a sexual nature, however, and can include offensive remarks about a person's sex. For example, it is illegal to harass a woman by making offensive comments about women in general.
Both victim and the harasser can be either a woman or a man, and the victim and harasser can be the same sex.
Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted).
The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer.

Would it be considered sexual harassment if the woman, who was an underling, was flirtatious or made sexual advances with a higher up? What if the higher up reciprocated? What about people in the same level?

Depends, flirting one time is not harassment, but doing it repetitively is, especially when the implication is that rebuffing the advances would negatively affect your job.

That implication is obviously more prevalent if the advancer has more pull in the organization.

Depends, flirting one time is not harassment, but doing it repetitively is, especially when the implication is that rebuffing the advances would negatively affect your job.

That implication is obviously more prevalent if the advancer has more pull in the organization.
But that's not what I asked. I asked if an underling flirts or makes advances towards a higher up, not necessarily their boss, but that higher up doesn't do anything to discourage it or even reciprocated. Is that considered sexual harassment?

But that's not what I asked. I asked if an underling flirts or makes advances towards a higher up, not necessarily their boss, but that higher up doesn't do anything to discourage it or even reciprocated. Is that considered sexual harassment?

It really depends on the extent of the "flirting". Is it done in a way to make the supervisor uncomfortable? Is it persistent and unwanted? Looks like you are wanting a generalized yes or no, but those questions, and others, need to be answered before one is given.

First thing though, is in a workplace environment, this behavior needs to be documented. The affected worker needs to keep a written log of each interaction what was said, day, time, etc...

Secondly, the person being harassed needs to contact HR and file a complaint.

If the HR department has any teeth the incident will be investigated, and any notifications or punishments will be meted out... so yes, theoretically this could happen.

I've been thinking about the allegation of paying off refs to affect the outcome of games. Many people have said, 'It didn't work because they were still terrible'. What I'm about to say is complete conjecture for the fun of it.

It's very expensive to fund a winning franchise and even if you max out the salary cap every year and pay for top notch facilities, top talent, etc., it's still tremendously difficult to win a Superbowl. I know the Washington fans are very loyal and will fill those seats and buy those jerseys regardless. They live in a dense, affluent population center. What if the play was not to become a Superbowl winning franchise? What if the play was to operate as cheaply as possible and cover the spread on certain games? I'm not a gambler so I don't know how that stuff works exactly. If you were paying off refs to win, that's obvious and incriminating. If you're fielding a team as cheaply as possible, and paying the refs to make games fall within certain parameters and then surreptitiously placing bets against your own team, you've minimized operating expenses and stand to earn more money than you spend on the ref bribery.

I get the sense that there was much more that was ready to come out in that article, but with the immediate wave of law suits ready to launch in response to it, WaPo might have backed off on the things it had less concrete proof of...potentially because of pressure from the infinite pocketbooks of the NFL. It doesn't mean the allegations weren't true. It's well documented that Church of Scientology did something similar. They hired hundreds (maybe thousands) of lawyers to bury the US government in frivolous law suits...so much so that rather than being bankrupted fighting them, they capitulated. Do you think the NFL has enough money to bury WaPo? I do.
Jeff Bezos owns WAPO. He has some pretty deep pockets :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom