N/S Redskins likely to change name..What would be a good one? (Update: Redskins to announce name change) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad day in America when the mob pressure wins over history because they are so easily offended and want to label everything as racist. A little bit of fact checking and history studying they would've learned that it was in honor and respect of Native Americans. What's next? Will they go after Saints because anything with a religious connotation is offensive to the atheists of the world?
Look what happened when Drew tried to honor his grandfather's service. What did that get him? Just saying....

I don't know why people do this. They take an issue and they create a hyperbole as an argument against something. I hope you know that the reaction to Drew's actions and statements had nothing to do with honoring his grandfather, but yet you write this as if it does. You are as guilty as those people that overrated to his statements.

The Redskins name has been an issue since the 1970s. This is not a new issue, though it has been heating up for some time. The announcement by Fedex (and not the mob) is what precipitated the events this past week. After Fedex made its announcement, other followed and it was this that led to the "change of heart." A mob of 500,000 people means nothing to billions of revenue. As far as I know, no mob pressured this corporations to action.

-----

exactly, my favorite part of american history is when a genteel collection of citizens (certainly not a mob or even a rebellious army by any means) was all like, 'excuse us Mr King G3, can we have some freedoms for us and all races, genders and creeds?"
and King G3 was all like."well....do you promise to take care of them?"
and they were all like "we promise"
and King G3 was like "...ok...here is some freedom"
and everyone was like "yay, we got freedom without having to mob anything - thank heavens transitions happen calmly and with no need for sarcasm whatsoever"

history is cool
King George III didn't forcefully make the Washington NFL team to name them Redskins did he? It was a private enterprise who did their own fact checking and made great strides to make sure it wasn't offensive to Native Americans of the time. Fast forward to 2020. Now everyone and everything is labeled racist if there is a "hint" of anything not PC. I'm just having a dialog here. I'm done with this thread. I do not wish to start any fight but I also believe that we can have civil conversations. Agree to disagree.

Fortunately in America, your allowed ( for now anyway) to have your own opinion. You can even have your own thoughts and free speech and such. Why you can even disagree with others and still be civil. ( for now anyway)
I’m sorry to say, but your reasoning in this thread is loaded with logical fallacies—particularly broad generalizations and false equivalencies.

Oh, and it’s getting tiresome to see the first amendment cited repeatedly in these cases. It’s irrelevant. Yes, you can SAY what you want (non-threats, etc.) without being prosecuted, but it doesn’t mean your words won’t have consequences associated with your job, personal life, or public opinion.

King George III didn't forcefully make the Washington NFL team to name them Redskins did he? It was a private enterprise who did their own fact checking and made great strides to make sure it wasn't offensive to Native Americans of the time. Fast forward to 2020. Now everyone and everything is labeled racist if there is a "hint" of anything not PC. I'm just having a dialog here. I'm done with this thread. I do not wish to start any fight but I also believe that we can have civil conversations. Agree to disagree.
let's compromise, we'll agree that you are factually incorrect

I don't know why people do this. They take an issue and they create a hyperbole as an argument against something. I hope you know that the reaction to Drew's actions and statements had nothing to do with honoring his grandfather, but yet you write this as if it does. You are as guilty as those people that overrated to his statements.

The Redskins name has been an issue since the 1970s. This is not a new issue, though it has been heating up for some time. The announcement by Fedex (and not the mob) is what precipitated the events this past week. After Fedex made its announcement, other followed and it was this that led to the "change of heart." A mob of 500,000 people means nothing to billions of revenue. As far as I know, no mob pressured this corporations to action.

-----
Well money talks. I guess we found out that FED EX is pulling the strings now. LOL

Just wait til people realize the fleur de lis was used for branding slaves that escaped and were recaptured. saints going to be changing their logo

Just wait til people realize the fleur de lis was used for branding slaves that escaped and were recaptured. saints going to be changing their logo
That’s already been discussed and even in the news clip that everyone refers to the professor says the logo shouldn’t be changed.

Slaves were also branded with just about every letter of the alphabet, as well as every letter of the Greek alphabet, and hundreds of different symbols including hearts, pitchforks, and one very similar to the current University of Texas logo. Literally thousands of different letters and symbols. The names of every team and every thing and every person are spelled using characters that were once used to brand people.

Slaves were also branded with just about every letter of the alphabet, as well as every letter of the Greek alphabet, and hundreds of different symbols including hearts, pitchforks, and one very similar to the current University of Texas logo. Literally thousands of different letters and symbols. The names of every team and every thing and every person are spelled using characters that were once used to brand people.
The way the worlds headed. itll all be banned at some point lol

how about the "Washington Sex Traffikers" or the "Washington Witness Killers"?

Maybe the "Washington Wabscallions"?

how about the "Washington Sex Traffikers" or the "Washington Witness Killers"?

Maybe the "Washington Wabscallions"?
I'd vote for the Washington Swamp or the Washington Foggy Bottoms, but the logo for the latter may be challenging. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom