N/S Redskins likely to change name..What would be a good one? (Update: Redskins to announce name change) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, but am I the only one who thinks there should be no color involved to prevent possible racism.

- Redskins
- Red Tails
Its too close.

Just be color neutral.

I heard a racist remark toward African Americans such as “red” and “yellow” is offensive. The same way Red skins is implying dark skins. Cincinnati did it right with the Reds. We have White Sox and Red Sox, but I think we are good with that.
LoL

Im sorry, but am I the only one who thinks there should be no color involved to prevent possible racism.

- Redskins
- Red Tails
Its too close.

Just be color neutral.

I heard a racist remark toward African Americans such as “red” and “yellow” is offensive. The same way Red skins is implying dark skins. Cincinnati did it right with the Reds. We have White Sox and Red Sox, but I think we are good with that.

What are you talking about? Those names you mentioned was coined by sportswriters and their reduced form you see today was also created by sportswriters. In the case of Chicago, they took the name from another team that had their team name, yes, by sports writers, The Chicago Cubs.

Moreover, they are not remotely close. One is a pejorative remarking on the skin tone of an ethnic group, the other refers to the color paint on the tail section of their fighters. Are you "redface" now? I am sorry, if that a raist remark? LMAO. its getting stupid now. Hm, "now? Maybe not.

----

- Redskins
- Red Tails
Its too close.

Just be color neutral.

Do we need to carve out a safe space for you? Maybe warn everyone that your trigger word is ‘red’

1595698091532.gif

What are you talking about? Those names you mentioned was coined by sportswriters and their reduced form you see today was also created by sportswriters. In the case of Chicago, they took the name from another team that had their team name, yes, by sports writers, The Chicago Cubs.

Moreover, they are not remotely close. One is a pejorative remarking on the skin tone of an ethnic group, the other refers to the color paint on the tail section of their fighters. Are you "redface" now? I am sorry, if that a raist remark? LMAO. its getting stupid now. Hm, "now? Maybe not.

----

Sarcasm Bro!!!!

The new name has arrived...

OaLlMbP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom