N/S Redskins likely to change name..What would be a good one? (Update: Redskins to announce name change) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Or one that they would likely go with? As someone who doesn't care that the name is changing, I'm curious to see what they go with. It will probably be something as bland as "Nationals" to go with the DC naming convention.

Generals is one people apparently are liking:

Now to my personal favorite, for its history and the fact it kinda rolls off the tongue (though it could cause confusion to those who don't know about the origin) -- Washington RedTails:

What are your favorites and the one you think they will go with? I'm split between these two as the one that will be chosen.

VA WHO DAT

All-Pro
Reaction score
Living in Virginia I get the game local and I messaged one of my co workers saying Ron Rivera already has them playing better defense and believing. He responded "Go Football Teamers!

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was having a debate with my girlfriend about the new team name whatever it ends up being

I think they should keep the same color scheme of burgundy and yellow to keep some tie to tradition

She thinks they should change for a total clean break and new start - she likes red, white and blue to stay in line with the Nationals, Wizards and Caps

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If Washington wins the East, they gonna keep the name in my opinion.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"The Football Team Formerly Known as the Washington Redskins"

abnrgr

Rangers Lead the Way!
Reaction score
I like Washington Football Team. Rivera has a good thing. Best defensive line in football. He is a good coach and a good person. I’m glad he is out of the NFC South.

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There may be no new name

Seems like an odd option

Definitely a different dynamic than a relocated team but I'm curious what the increase in jersey/merch sales were from the last year of Colts vs first year of the Ravens and Oilers/Titans

Or close to home and a more similar situation - Bullets to Wizards
========================

The Washington Football Team could remain without a name permanently, president Jason Wright said.

"It's definitely in the running," Wright told ESPN's John Keim. "I don't think anything is off the table … With this one, people are excited about the idea of a club has an identity rooted solely in the area it represents. Maybe it's Football Team or it's Football Club. We need to get underneath the why, so no matter what direction we go, we can pull on the heartstrings of folks."

Washington retired the Redskins name before the season amid pressure from many of its marquee sponsors. First Nations groups had long decried the name for its racial connotation.

Wright previously suggested a rebrand featuring a new name may not be feasible by 2021 because of logistical challenges involving jerseys, apparel, and merchandise................

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I was having a debate with my girlfriend about the new team name whatever it ends up being

I think they should keep the same color scheme of burgundy and yellow to keep some tie to tradition

She thinks they should change for a total clean break and new start - she likes red, white and blue to stay in line with the Nationals, Wizards and Caps
That color scheme would've made more sense for a DC-based team. But of course every time I see that color scheme I can't help but think of the Houston Oilers...who had my 2nd favorite uniforms ever.

mcryder

Veteran
Reaction score
Reading this is just funny...when did these names or nicknames become racist and slurs...it doesn't matter what the new name will be I'm sure someone will find it offensive and if they don't others will simply be offended for them

TheBigEasy99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I’ve thought that changing the name to The Pigskins makes a lot of sense. It still has ‘Skins in the name, it’s the same amount of syllables so it flows the same, ‘pigskin’ is a term long associated with football and it harkens back to their glory days in the 80s as “The Hogs” when fans that would wear pig noses to games (maybe they still do). Makes a lot of sense IMO. Of course the team is still run by Dan Snyder so having decisions make sense isn’t their normal modus operandi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom