N/S Redskins likely to change name..What would be a good one? (Update: Redskins to announce name change) (7 Viewers)

Heathen Saint

"Socially distanced"
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Or one that they would likely go with? As someone who doesn't care that the name is changing, I'm curious to see what they go with. It will probably be something as bland as "Nationals" to go with the DC naming convention.

Generals is one people apparently are liking:

Now to my personal favorite, for its history and the fact it kinda rolls off the tongue (though it could cause confusion to those who don't know about the origin) -- Washington RedTails:

What are your favorites and the one you think they will go with? I'm split between these two as the one that will be chosen.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
yet it survived until the woke cancel culture of the last several years.

I lived in Northern Virginia for 10 years and in Maryland for 10 years. From 1989 - 2010.

Went to Redskins games and training camp.

None of those fans had issues i worked with them and got to know the fans, no issues ever.

Sorry but your wrong!

I do like the Washington Generals.
Talk to any Native Americans? Sorry but you're wrong!

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
yet it survived until the woke cancel culture of the last several years.

I lived in Northern Virginia for 10 years and in Maryland for 10 years. From 1989 - 2010.

Went to Redskins games and training camp.

None of those fans had issues i worked with them and got to know the fans, no issues ever.

Sorry but your wrong!

I do like the Washington Generals.
I love when people say things like "woke cancel culture" to justify having things that are sheetty. We've had sheetty things for years so we should always have sheetty things. And we could have kept them too if it weren't for you pesky kids. Sometimes people just get tired of others being sheetty to them and finally get enough support to change it.

It's really sad it takes a culture shift for that to happen. Just don't be sheetty.

Saint Floyd

Who Dat
Reaction score
Why do the majority of people that hold these views use exclamation points and not know proper "your"/"you're" usage?
I know this was a rhetorical question, but I’ll try to answer it:

Maybe it is because a lot of them slacked off in school and rolled their eyes at their teachers. Now they’re experts across multiple disciplines after doing YouTube “research”, listening to conspiracy radio shows, and reading non-peer reviewed, non-academic, non-scientific, non-journalistic zombie texts.

Madmarsha

I default to sarcasm
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At this point it's offensive they call themselves a football team. They're so bad they could cancel the rest of their season and no one would really care.
They should be renamed the Washington semipro football team
Boom

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Public Schools
Nah. I've known many Rummel kids that were considerably less intelligent than the honors kids I had classes with in public school. Also, bear in mind that the amount of people that hold the "Get over it, snowflake. You're only pretending to be offended!" mentality on matters like this one tends to increase once you get into private schools.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Public Schools
I’ve known many private school kids who do the same. JS.
Heck I’ve known many executives with advanced degrees who do the same.

Heck my father who has a Master’s degree and is extremely intelligent still occasionally asks me how to spell a word. And asked me to edit his last two books. So it all depends on the person imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom