N/S Redskins' Rookie LB Quits Twitter (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
following his updates calling fans "dim wits" and McDonald's employees.

ASHBURN, Va. -- Here's a new rite of passage for an NFL rookie: getting chastised by the head coach and apologizing publicly for using Twitter to call booing fans "dim wits."

Linebacker Robert Henson has yet to play in a regular-season game for the Redskins, yet he drew plenty of attention from veteran teammates and coach Jim Zorn on Monday after tweeting about the home crowd at Washington's 9-7 victory over St. Louis.

Fans booed during and after the game.

Following the victory, Henson tweeted: "All you fake half hearted Skins fan can .. I won't go there but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!!"

As Twitter followers fired back, Henson kept tweeting. "No I didn't play but I still made more than you in a year and you'd [gladly] switch spots with me in a second ... The question is who are you to say you know what's best for the team and you work 9 to 5 at Mcdonalds [sic]. You don't wanna follow me anymore then fine but we play for you and win lose or draw we represent you!! My guy on the Rams said they never got booed even when they didn't win a game."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4492151

I posted this because we had a rather lengthy discussion on whether or not Saints fans could/should boo the players during/after games. It obviously affects them in some way but this guy went way off the deep end.

This is what I hate about Twitter and why I refuse to use it. When people are mad and wanna say stupid things it makes it that much easier for them to blurt it out without cooling down and of course they get burned for it. These type of stories are going to keep coming up with athletes and other famous people as long as Twitter is "cool". Not even that, on a smaller scale I read all the time about kids getting suspended or worse from school, fights happening, stuff along those lines because kids don't have time to think before they type.

I posted this because we had a rather lengthy discussion on whether or not Saints fans could/should boo the players during/after games. It obviously affects them in some way but this guy went way off the deep end.

I will never boo my Saints... and I always cringe when it happens in the Superdome.

This is what I hate about Twitter and why I refuse to use it. When people are mad and wanna say stupid things it makes it that much easier for them to blurt it out without cooling down and of course they get burned for it. These type of stories are going to keep coming up with athletes and other famous people as long as Twitter is "cool". Not even that, on a smaller scale I read all the time about kids getting suspended or worse from school, fights happening, stuff along those lines because kids don't have time to think before they type.
The key of course is knowing your limits - personally and inter-personally.

I joined Twitter in March, initially to keep someone else from handle-jacking me. Finally, I saw some benefits to using it, and in June "actually" started updating on it and stuff. If you exercise self-control, then it could be a valuable asset. If somebody isn't capable of that, then perhaps they shouldn't be using it.

I don't update about every little bit of minutiae in my life, I update it when I want to. All my updates are either from twitter.com, the mobile site, or via text message. I don't use any of the fancy applications (AT&T has a free one that combines Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and RSS feeds that I'm half-learning for the RSS feeds) and I find that my experience is far more enjoyable because of what I allow/don't allow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom