N/S Refs blow call at end of Tennessee/Alabama game (1 Viewer)

That's Lane Kiffin for you. He doesn't play to win, he plays to not be embarrassed or criticized.

So now you are just going to steal Urban Meyer's analysis? Kiffin had his team lined up for a makeable field goal in the closing seconds to win that game. They scored with 1:30 to go and the recovered an onside kick and threw to get into position but in your expert analysis he was playing to keep it close.

mentally challenged.

So now you are just going to steal Urban Meyer's analysis? Kiffin had his team lined up for a makeable field goal in the closing seconds to win that game. They scored with 1:30 to go and the recovered an onside kick and threw to get into position but in your expert analysis he was playing to keep it close.

mentally challenged.

I think he went with the option that exposed him to least amount of criticism yes.

Admittedly the nature of this Tennessee team makes criticism difficult, it's a great defense and a, in general, horrible QB. Conservative play-style is the nature of the personal.

That said, Compton had been effective on the drive before to even give them a shot, and made two big passes to get them in field goal range. Another first down makes the field goal a chip-shot. 45 yard field goals are never, ever, ever "gimmies" in college football. He had time to give Compton a couple of more shots.

He chose not too. This is inexplicable. There's been a pattern developing, which is Kiffin avoiding putting the game on the line with controversial decisions. I don't think he's putting his team in the best position to win. It smacks of giving up on the season and trying to stay close enough to justify optimism for next year.

Just my opinion.

I think he went with the option that exposed him to least amount of criticism yes.

Admittedly the nature of this Tennessee team makes criticism difficult, it's a great defense and a, in general, horrible QB. Conservative play-style is the nature of the personal.

That said, Compton had been effective on the drive before to even give them a shot, and made two big passes to get them in field goal range. Another first down makes the field goal a chip-shot. 45 yard field goals are never, ever, ever "gimmies" in college football. He had time to give Compton a couple of more shots.

He chose not too. This is inexplicable. There's been a pattern developing, which is Kiffin avoiding putting the game on the line with controversial decisions. I don't think he's putting his team in the best position to win. It smacks of giving up on the season and trying to stay close enough to justify optimism for next year.

Just my opinion.

i agree with this. Kiffin did not try to win the game to me, his kicking game was bad all day.

Spam, you hit it on the head.
When I saw Kiffen sit on the ball with over 40 sec's, I knew bama was going to win the game. If Cody doesn't block the kick, Julio would have. The Tn kicker was kicking it low all day.
I thought Crompton played pretty well, especially late. I would have at least tried to pick up another 10 yards to help the kicker out.
Your playing the #2 team in the country, on the road. You've got to at least try and get better field position in that situation, IMO.
If the role was reversed, I would understand saban doing it. His kicker was money all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom