N/S related, Crazy 2 point conversion (1 Viewer)

its a trick play. Its awesome. you guys need to stop being prudes.
This reminds me of the Jets players who were upset that the Dolphins beat them up and called the phins offense a gimmick. Guess what? The play worked. It scored. That was the point. The QB made this play from scrimmage, forward to an open receiver. It was as valid as any play in football. I think people get upset because they didnt think of it first.

There is no possible way that this could be considered unsportsmanlike. It was arguably unnecessary but so what? If a wide receiver makes a one-hand catch when he could have used two, does that make it unsportsman like?

And if the defense went after the QB knees for this play....well, I don't even know WHERE to begin with the problems of that logic.

Personally it's the defenses job to stop them and they couldn't but the problem i have is that the score was something like 37-0 at that point and they are going for two-point conversions.. That is as unsportsmanlike as it gets.....
I believe the score was 13-0 nothing at this point.

I have no idea why the QB would go behind the back on that one. The intended receiver was open...why wouldn't you just throw it to the guy. I mean, how often do you see a behind the back pass in football? Not very. But it isn't quite as cool when it isn't necessary.

I coulda thrown a better looking behind the back pass. That was a lame duck throw.

Count me as unimpressed.

man, some of y'all must have played in soccer leagues that didn't keep score when you were kids

the crying about sportsmanship is absurd

i don't know..it looks like it might have been a true trick play...because the qb is facing in the other direction, the defense let's the wr run to the other side, figuring the qb will have to throw across the filed..the behind the back pass allowed the qb to throw the ball much further toward the sideline....at least from what I could see on the replay....it's like a shovel pass or some other unorthodox pass tha catches a defense sleeping

It's a d-bag play. If you like it, you're probably a d-bag. It really is as simple as that.

It would have been impressive if he was getting tackled and it was the only way he could make the throw, but it wasn't.

It's a d-bag play. If you like it, you're probably a d-bag. It really is as simple as that.

It would have been impressive if he was getting tackled and it was the only way he could make the throw, but it wasn't.

Wow, way to take a sportsmanship discussion, and turn it into a personal attack. And ironically, you're the one calling other people d-bags?

It was a well executed play whether you like it or not. Enjoying a play that was well executed doesn't make someone a "D-bag". I'd be willing to bet if Drew Brees pulled this off on the Falcons tonight, that you wouldn't be calling the Saints' fans "D-bags" for loving it.

That's the best you got? Child please!

15otts9.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom