N/S related, Crazy 2 point conversion (1 Viewer)

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
Not quite Drew Brees, but very impressive none the less.
<div><object width="576" height="358" allowFullScreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/rivals/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=16383363&shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/highschool-football/QB-throws-a-behind-the-back-two-point-pass-56493&customLogoUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/rivals/rivals_circle_logo.png&siteHostUrl=http%3A//www.rivals.com"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="358" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/rivals/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=16383363&shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/highschool-football/QB-throws-a-behind-the-back-two-point-pass-56493&customLogoUrl=http%3A//l.yimg.com/a/i/us/sp/rivals/rivals_circle_logo.png&siteHostUrl=http%3A//www.rivals.com"></embed></object></div>

There is a thread on this. Completely unnecessary. Why not just throw with your eyes closed, too?

There is a thread on this. Completely unnecessary. Why not just throw with your eyes closed, too?
Football itself is completely unnecessary. What's your point? It's purpose in life has nothing to do with the amazing execution of that play.

I bet you tell children that their art looks like crap before throwing it away instead of hanging it on the fridge...

Football itself is completely unnecessary. What's your point? It's purpose in life has nothing to do with the amazing execution of that play.

I bet you tell children that their art looks like crap before throwing it away instead of hanging it on the fridge...

LOL! +rep

:hihi: I appreciate the humor, but I kinda have a problem with it too. They were either going for 2 when they didn't really need to, just to give this guy the chance to do that, or the QB thought it would be cool to pull a stunt like that with the game on the line. Either way, it's poor sportsmanship, and pretty distasteful IMHO for a high school game.

In the NFL? Sure. Maybe even in college (but I'd have to do some more thinking on it.) But in high school? I'm not saying it's not an impressive parlor trick. But is there really a place for that kind of gratuitous hotdogging in high school football? I mean, you know damn well that I'm no prude. :D And maybe I oughta lighten up re: this thing. But these are kids, and I can't imagine anything good coming of that kind of disrespect for the opponents, the game itself, etc. Not in high school football.

Showboating.

IMO, anyone who has a problem with players celebrating after a score or big play should have a problem with this.

Personally, I could care less about players celebrating after a score, but IMO, this was a little over the line. I was expecting a short behind the back pass, kind of like the statue of liberty play used for misdirection. This play could have garnered an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and could have started a confrontation between the two teams.

Wow, I think some people around here have forgotten that football, like all sports, is supposed to be FUN. If you're good enough to pull off a stunt like like that and win, why not? Do you think THAT is the hardest thing that the other team will have to endure?

"Is it showing off for a person to do what he's capable of? Is a bird Showing off when it flies?" - A young Clark Kent

Wow, I think some people around here have forgotten that football, like all sports, is supposed to be FUN. If you're good enough to pull off a stunt like like that and win, why not? Do you think THAT is the hardest thing that the other team will have to endure?

"Is it showing off for a person to do what he's capable of? Is a bird Showing off when it flies?" - A young Clark Kent

C'mon man.

There's such a thing as being sportsmanlike and that wasn't it. I guess it all comes back to how you were brought up. I was raised to act the same way in defeat and victory.

I wouldn't have been surprised if they had another video for it to show someone on the defense taking a cheap shot at the QB knees on the next series.

:hihi: I appreciate the humor, but I kinda have a problem with it too. They were either going for 2 when they didn't really need to, just to give this guy the chance to do that, or the QB thought it would be cool to pull a stunt like that with the game on the line. Either way, it's poor sportsmanship, and pretty distasteful IMHO for a high school game.

In the NFL? Sure. Maybe even in college (but I'd have to do some more thinking on it.) But in high school? I'm not saying it's not an impressive parlor trick. But is there really a place for that kind of gratuitous hotdogging in high school football? I mean, you know damn well that I'm no prude. :D And maybe I oughta lighten up re: this thing. But these are kids, and I can't imagine anything good coming of that kind of disrespect for the opponents, the game itself, etc. Not in high school football.

The game wasn't on the line. It was to go up 15-0 EARLY in the game. No big deal.

I don't see it any differently than running a fake field goal, a double-reverse on 4th down or an onside kick by the team with a lead and running it not because it's needed to win the game, but because the situation to execute it successfully presented itself. I have been on the other side of similar "stunts", both as a parent of an athlete and the athlete. It was no less awesome and appreciated than when I was able to participate in such a play. Feats like that are why we have monster truck rallies, Jim Cramer's Mad Money and Long Drivers of America. We appreciate showmanship, even when completely unnecessary.

This pass is really no different from any other non-conventional pass (like a forward toss, or a forward lob or a lateral pass). You can argue that its both an act of "showboating", but I'd rather see it as a quarterback looking one direction and then using that unconventional around the back pass to misdirect the defense. That defender was never going to see that type of pass, meaning its almost an instant score.

You play to win the game. Anyone who has a problem with it might just need to stop watching sports in general.

Personally it's the defenses job to stop them and they couldn't but the problem i have is that the score was something like 37-0 at that point and they are going for two-point conversions.. That is as unsportsmanlike as it gets.....

Personally it's the defenses job to stop them and they couldn't but the problem i have is that the score was something like 37-0 at that point and they are going for two-point conversions.. That is as unsportsmanlike as it gets.....

No it wasn't. That two point conversion happened when the score was 13-0.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom