N/S related New Orleans Breakers uniform reveal and draft lottery today (1 Viewer)

*looking online to buy a Stallions helmet for the office*
Ah, the Birmingham Stallions, the winner of the Southern Division the one year the N.O. Breakers were in it with them. Team had Cliff Stoudt at QB, who for several years was Bradshaw's backup in Pittsburgh, and Joe Cribbs at RB, who was among several established NFL starters who jumped leagues right smack in their prime. They paid more than the NFL at the time.

Yeah, we obviously have lots of water in NOLA (often too much) but it never really felt like our name given that it came from Boston. But, I guess they wanted to keep the same name for nostalgia and because it would be recognized. I always liked the arena football team names better: The New Orleans Night and the Voodoo. And IHL hockey team name, The Brass.
Brass were in the ECHL. Really enjoyed those games.

So are they drafting college players that will end up going to the NFL?

No, they have breaking waves. If you are talking about that U shape on the crown of the helmet, that's the helmet design.
I was referring to the similarity to the Colts uniform. it was a joke.

Brass were in the ECHL. Really enjoyed those games.

I stand corrected. But, yeah those games were great and the name was great.

I really wish that the Pelicans had gone with Brass or Voodoo. Especially Voodoo, but apparently whoever owns that name was playing hard ball and asking for too much money for the rights. IMO, it would have been worth it with the amount of merch they could have sold to even non-New Orleans fans, but I'm not a marketing expert.

I really wish that the Pelicans had gone with Brass or Voodoo. Especially Voodoo, but apparently whoever owns that name was playing hard ball and asking for too much money for the rights. IMO, it would have been worth it with the amount of merch they could have sold to even non-New Orleans fans, but I'm not a marketing expert.
How about "Mud Dawgs"? :ROFLMAO:

Agreed! It killed me they couldn't get the Brass name. Would have been iconic. Wonder what kind of money the owners of the name were asking for?

Considering the shady business dealings the AFL had in its final days, I’m not surprised.

USFL Draft Details revealed.

Breakers pick 8th. Draft will be modified snake with position groups identified by rounds. I did a quick rundown and the Breakers will have the first pick of the following position groups:

Edge/DE
Cornerback
Safety
Offensive Guard
Defensive Tackle
Kicker
Tight End/H-Back

They will have the 8th and 9th picks for QBs so that should give them a good starter and decent backup. Looking at the positions where they have the top picks, they can build a strong defense and offensive line from the initial draft.

How does the USFL Draft work?​

The 2022 USFL Draft is reportedly going to operate similarly to the 2019 XFL Draft in that the teams will pick from the same position pool in each round. The draft will use a modified snake format to ensure that each team will receive the top choice in two of the position-specific rounds. That will ideally create competitive balance in the league.

How will the rounds be broken up? Below is a breakdown of each phase of the draft. The XFL was subdivided into six phases while the USFL Draft is a bit more complex.

Day 1​

• Round 1: Quarterbacks
  • Rounds 2-4: Edge rushers/defensive ends
  • Rounds 5-7: Offensive tackles
  • Round 8-11: Cornerbacks
  • Round 12: Quarterbacks

Day 2​

• Rounds 13-17: Wide receivers
  • Rounds 18-19: Safeties
  • Round 20: Centers
  • Round 21: Inside linebackers
  • Rounds 22-23: Offensive guards
  • Rounds 24-26: Defensive tackles and nose tackles
  • Rounds 27-28: Running backs and fullbacks
  • Rounds 29-31: Outside linebackers
  • Round 32: Kickers
  • Round 33: Punters
  • Round 34: Tight ends/H-backs
  • Round 35: Long snappers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom