N/S related New Orleans Breakers uniform reveal and draft lottery today (1 Viewer)

I stand corrected. But, yeah those games were great and the name was great.

I really wish that the Pelicans had gone with Brass or Voodoo. Especially Voodoo, but apparently whoever owns that name was playing hard ball and asking for too much money for the rights. IMO, it would have been worth it with the amount of merch they could have sold to even non-New Orleans fans, but I'm not a marketing expert.
I think the same group still owned the Brass name but I thought Benson still owned the Voodoo name. I could be wrong.

USFL Draft Details revealed.

Breakers pick 8th. Draft will be modified snake with position groups identified by rounds. I did a quick rundown and the Breakers will have the first pick of the following position groups:

Edge/DE
Cornerback
Safety
Offensive Guard
Defensive Tackle
Kicker
Tight End/H-Back

They will have the 8th and 9th picks for QBs so that should give them a good starter and decent backup. Looking at the positions where they have the top picks, they can build a strong defense and offensive line from the initial draft.
8th best QB is rough. Not sure what players are even in the pool though.

I think the same group still owned the Brass name but I thought Benson still owned the Voodoo name. I could be wrong.

I know Benson owned the Pelicans name. I don't think he owned Voodoo or Brass, but I could be wrong.

USFL Draft Details revealed.

Breakers pick 8th. Draft will be modified snake with position groups identified by rounds. I did a quick rundown and the Breakers will have the first pick of the following position groups:

Edge/DE
Cornerback
Safety
Offensive Guard
Defensive Tackle
Kicker
Tight End/H-Back

They will have the 8th and 9th picks for QBs so that should give them a good starter and decent backup. Looking at the positions where they have the top picks, they can build a strong defense and offensive line from the initial draft.

Isn’t this an 8 team league? Of course we get last pick of the quarterbacks.

Yeah, we obviously have lots of water in NOLA (often too much) but it never really felt like our name given that it came from Boston. But, I guess they wanted to keep the same name for nostalgia and because it would be recognized. I always liked the arena football team names better: The New Orleans Night and the Voodoo. And IHL hockey team name, The Brass.
New Orleans Breakers and Marcus Dupree are inextricably linked. Reverse the curse. I am all in.

Benson owned the VooDoo brand but sold it to whoever brought back the second iteration of the club. I never liked how they skewed the colors, mainly trying to do away with the purple in favor of a predominantly red and black scheme.

Benson owned the VooDoo brand but sold it to whoever brought back the second iteration of the club. I never liked how they skewed the colors, mainly trying to do away with the purple in favor of a predominantly red and black scheme.
You may be right. I thought the new owner used the name under an agreement with Benson, but maybe it was an agreement with the AFL instead.

Breakers??? Are we trying to brag about our power grids? Because that is hilarious.

(I know it’s the old mascot, but I genuinely don’t know what it actually means.)

Breakers??? Are we trying to brag about our power grids? Because that is hilarious.

(I know it’s the old mascot, but I genuinely don’t know what it actually means.)
Breaking waves. But, the name originated on Boston and came here with the team in the 80s, I think it was 1984.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom