N/S Report: Clowney runs a 4.5 40 at 270 pounds (1 Viewer)

I like A&M a little more than UT. That's like comparing the excitement of a crown versus a root canal. But the kid from A&M had a freshman season like no other QB in college history. If he plays to that level again next year, he's lock for #1 pick.

His game doesn't really translate that well to the NFL imo

So if force = mass times acceleration, when he goes from zero (at the LOS) to whatever MPH 4.5 represents, with 270 pounds of mass, that kind of explains how he can knock the helmet and ball off the RB like that.

You would have to use his instantaneous acceleration, or his acceleration at the point of impact. It can be approximated, but calculus and limits work best to find it. Basically take the change in speed/change in distance. So his (change in speed divided by his change in position as change in position gets infinitely close to zero) multiplied by his mass in kg gives you the force in newtons. Sorry, I love physics. But if you wanted to approximate it and be boring you can just divide the change in momentum caused by the hit by the duration of the hit.

Wow, thats crazy!! Run a 4.5 at 270...OMG!!:covri:

I know he's eligible; I just said there's no GUARANTEE he declares, much like how Bradford could have declared after his sophomore year, but didn't. QBs often want to take the time to hone their skills at the college level before jumping to the pros. It's all the more likely sophomores stay for their junior year, much less all the juniors who want to stay for their senior year.
If Johnny has anything close to the season he had last year, I can absolutely guarantee you he's gone.

He was unblocked on that play; scouts won't be fazed by that. He's an animal on his own, though.

That's why we see every unblocked player make plays like that, nothing special here.
/sarcasm

th
th

These 2 guys disagree with your statements.

The rule should be changed that allows college players with 2 years of eligibility used in college be allowed to declare for the NFL draft. This would allow a player like Clowney to be eligible this year.
Let the free market (NFL teams and their scouting departments) decide if these players are NFL ready. Let the teams develop a player. I would rather the Saints (and Payton) develop a player, specifically an offensive player, than to run a watered down offense in college that might be hindering development (LSU anybody?).
Well it doesn't matter if those two former players agree or not what matter was the Front Office of those teams that they were on were smart of enough to cut their losts and move on from those busted players.

By the way, did any of these two guys actually knew or even studied their playbooks??? They sure did play like they didn't. Again a rookie in the NFL will have to digest a ton of information and perform like a season vet to suceed. Clearly these two ex-players had all of the physical tools but they seriously in the department with what's in between their ears. BTW isn't Russell trying to make a come back at +300 lbs? Talk about immaturity...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom