N/S Report: Clowney runs a 4.5 40 at 270 pounds (1 Viewer)

muzzy

Explosive
Reaction score
Amazing, if true.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>ESPN's Tom Rinaldi reported that <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23SouthCarolina">#SouthCarolina</a> DE Jadeveon Clowney ran a 4.5 40 at 270 pounds during the Gamecocks' recent winter workouts.</p>&mdash; Evan Silva (@evansilva) <a href="https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/308999234877812736">March 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know Clowney isn't in the draft this year, but...........................make it happen anyway, Loomis!:ezbill:

It's a shame the kid can't go into the NFL draft this year. He is obviously ready and would without a doubt be the #1 overall pick this year. Hope he doesn't get hurt this year at USC. Decent article from Mike Silver about the NFL rules not allowing college football players to go pro until they are at least 3 years removed from high school:

Y! SPORTS

First, it's utter nonsense. According to this rule, a wunderkind who graduates high school at 14 can apply to play professional football before he's old enough to vote, but someone whose matriculation is delayed because of, say, a severe medical condition might have to wait until he's 22.
Secondly, it's a self-serving and greedy attempt to preserve what is essentially a free farm system for the NFL &#8211; and a corrupt and hypocritical college-football machine that pays off coaches and administrators while exploiting the labor of its elite athletes.
Thirdly, and most important, it is age discrimination in its most blatant form. If Freddy Adu can be selected in the MLS SuperDraft at the age of 14, and Steffi Graf can play a professional tennis tournament when she's a few months past her 13th birthday, how is it fair that someone like Clowney has to wait until he can drink legally before plying his trade?

He'll be the 2nd pick in the 2014 draft behind Johnny Football next year.

I don't care how many Hiesmans Mr. Pretentious nickname wins. You take the LeBron James level athlete 1st EVERY time.

Clowney is one of those guys that almost could've gone to the NFL right out of high school. They're rarer than rare. But he's one of them. Adrian Peterson was another. And so was Calvin Johnson.

Johnny is only a sophomore next year; no guarantee he declares. Clowney is (this early in the game) peerless. But there's a whole football season left to be played.

not to wish ill will on our franchise but god forbid brees gets ir'd in the first game this is the year for that to happen.

To bad we wont have the value to trade up to get him. Selecting 32nd overall has its limitations.

I can't watch that hit against Michigan enough. I remember blurting out an uncontrollable OMG when it happened. And the lagniappe was that it was the first play after a horribly botched fourth down measurement.

He'll be the 2nd pick in the 2014 draft behind Johnny Football next year.

Here is my concern with Manziel; watching his highlights, it is three minutes into a five minute video before he has a highlight throw. That’s over half of the video dedicated to some admittedly video game like scrambles and runs. But that’s not what you necessarily want from an NFL quarterback. At least not yet.

Johnny is only a sophomore next year; no guarantee he declares. Clowney is (this early in the game) peerless. But there's a whole football season left to be played.
Manziel had a redshirt year, so next year will be his third year, making him eligible for the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom