N/S:Report: The Browns Fired A Bunch Of Scouts Who Liked Carson Wentz (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Wow! Guess we should not be so critical of Loomis. The Browns are really laughable and have a bad front office.

Report: The Browns Fired A Bunch Of Scouts Who Liked Carson Wentz

According to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, several of the more seasoned scouts and evaluators the Browns parted with prior to the draft — an unusual time to release such employees — actually preferred Wentz to quarterback Jared Goff and believed him to be the greater pro prospect. It was clear to many in the organization dating back to December, when the Browns held intense draft meetings, that the newly-empowered analytics department, soon to be spearheaded by Paul DePodesta, strongly preferred Goff. And new coach Hue Jackson and his offensive coordinator, Pep Hamilton, were not high on Wentz but prized Goff, sources said, and made that clear to the rest of the organization.

Someone once posted Browns starting QBs since 2006.

Saints- 1. Drew Brees

Browns- It must have been 40 names......

Then you look at this season for Cleveland.

Week 1- RG 3
Week 2- McCown
Week 3- Cody Kessler

I would laugh if it wasnt so sad.

Saints- 1. Drew Brees

Week 1- RG 3
Week 2- McCown
Week 3- Cody Kessler

You know the poor Brown's have had some just plain bad luck too. I thought for sure Couch was going to be decent for them, he got hurt and it never happened.

Saints- 1. Drew Brees

Week 1- RG 3
Week 2- McCown
Week 3- Cody Kessler

to be technical, Saints have had 3 starting QBs in that span: Drew Brees, Mark Brunell (2009 season finale when Sean rested the starters), and Luke McCown (week 3 last season when Drew was hurt).

Last Cleveland QB to play a 16 game season was Tim Couch 15 years ago. That's extremely sad. At least the Cavs won a chip right?

Meh, considering how bad their past drafts have been I doubt those scouts are any good.

Were these the same scouts that thought Justin Gilbert, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel were good?

Why even have scouts if you will only listen to them if they have the same opinion as you?

I was not impressed by some of the picks that Cleveland recently made, but a new management team wanting to revamp its personnel department is hardly novel. My sense is that, with Wentz playing well, one or more of those released are trying to put the best possible spin on their departure. I doubt that a contrary opinion on Wentz was the decisive factor in the release of any scouts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom