N/S:Report: The Browns Fired A Bunch Of Scouts Who Liked Carson Wentz (2 Viewers)

I was not impressed by some of the picks that Cleveland recently made, but a new management team wanting to revamp its personnel department is hardly novel. My sense is that, with Wentz playing well, one or more of those released are trying to put the best possible spin on their departure. I doubt that a contrary opinion on Wentz was the decisive factor in the release of any scouts.

I don't know. It sounds like they fired these guys for disagreeing with the moneyball guy they brought in from MLB whose statistical analysis told him this:

We don’t know how much sway former baseball guy Paul DePodesta, now the Browns’ “chief strategy officer,” had on hiring/firing decisions in the front office. We do know that he, unlike those scouts, didn’t believe Wentz projected as “good enough to be a top 20 quarterback in the NFL.”

And, honestly, he looks like a fool for even making that statement because it looks like Wentz is already putting up top twenty numbers after two games in his rookie season (He's actually #23 based on yards alone). 3 TD's/0 INT's over 60% completion percentage and a 2-0 record. Sure looks like the Browns would be better off with him putting up those numbers in Cleveland than they are with RGIII out most of the season and Josh McCown already knocked out in game 2.

I think it has much to do with preference. Goff/Wentz are two different styles of QB and Goff more resembles Andy Dalton whom Hue Jackson has worked with.

Someone once posted Browns starting QBs since 2006.

Saints- 1. Drew Brees

Browns- It must have been 40 names......

Then you look at this season for Cleveland.

Week 1- RG 3
Week 2- McCown
Week 3- Cody Kessler

I would laugh if it wasnt so sad.

1111.png

I saw a browns fan with a QB jersey that just said I give up on the back.

The browns best QB in the time frame was Derek Anderson, he had a pro Bowl season for them

It's amazing how the Browns seem to taint everything that they touch, including front office personnel and players. The fact that they drafted Joe Thomas almost looks like a happy accident years down the line. It just seems improbable that they could continue to fail so consistently.

If Wentz goes on to have a successful career, he should thank the Browns for not drafting him.

Browns fans are still going through what we went through in the 60's-70's-80's. Yet they still show up to support their team. I can empathize with those poor souls.

No one should let 0-2 get them down too much. It could be a lot worse.

We really throwing bricks with the glass house we living in....
We just drafted a guard with a top 15 pick, a linebacker that can't get on the field over a special teams player that was cut off another team, and a 3-4 olb that is now on his third major knee operation, all with picks in the top 45 of the draft.....

This on top of us cutting almost the entire years draft class after a year except the one player we had to give up multiple picks to get...,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom