N/S Robert Meachem expected to remain with Chargers (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A big reason why A.J. Smith is no longer the general manager in San Diego is that most of the players he’s acquired in recent years have fallen well short of expectations on the field.

One of those players is likely to stick around the Chargers for at least one more year and he’s got the contract that Smith gave him to thank for the second chance. Wide receiver Robert Meachem flopped in 2012, finishing with 14 catches and 207 yards during a year that saw him basically benched for the final couple of months of the season. He’s got $5 million in guaranteed money coming his way, though, and a $10 million-plus cap hit if he’s released (it’s $6.875 million if he sticks around), so the new regime is trying to put a happy face on things.

Robert Meachem expected to remain with Chargers | ProFootballTalk

I knew he didn't have a great year for them, but wow...I didn't realize it was that bad.

Good find, Frank. :9: But I'm sorry to hear that. Would have love to have Meachem back. He and Devery are GREAT downfield blockers! And Meach has deceptive speed, and knows how to go & get the deep ball.

:gosaints:

Most of those stats came against us. 3 rec 67 yards 2TD

Time and time again GM's keep going after these guys who look pretty good in systems like ours. If Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Tom Brady doesn't make you a superstar, you're not going to be a superstar with a lesser QB throwing to you.

Sad to see an ex saint not do well, but then he's not a saint anymore so he's the enemy.

I anticipate he'll have a slightly better year with the new staff, playing largely the same role he did in our offense. He's a more gifted receiver than Spurlock and the other scrubs they were playing when he was benched.

This is flat-out: Heart & Hustle! :evilgrin: ...and I miss seeing it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DJxE1RAgVyI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:gosaints:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom