N/S Robert Quinn was given the choice between the Cowboys and the Saints, and he went with DAL. (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Obviously a very goos player and don’t blame him. We have 2 really good DEs here, assuming Davenport keeps improving like expected.

Not sure we can afford 3 great DEs. Stulid salary cap.

Just when I thought that I couldn't despise the Dallas Cowboys franchise even more...

Pretty sure this was about getting a starting position more than anything. His most optimistic outlook here would be a heavy rotation as a #3. The most likely projection was only getting 20-40% snaps behind Davenport. Not a great outlook to rack up stats on a 1-year deal so you can get paid.

Instead, Quinn said, the Cowboys’ style of play became the deciding factor. A two-time Pro Bowl selection with the Rams from 2013-14, Quinn could provide the team experience to the tune of 69 sacks across eight NFL seasons. The Cowboys, conversely, could offer Quinn freedom in scheme.
“Specifically, it was the way they allowed the D-line to play high-flying,” Quinn said. “We get to attack and get in the backfield more than in other places. I think it was kind of one of those where we could have fun and disrupt the backfield which they want us to do.

As opposed to the Saints who don't ask their D linemen to have fun and disrupt the backfield. :rolleyes:

The Saints had five D linemen record at least 4 Sacks last season. The Cowboys had three D Linemen with 4 or more.

“Specifically, it was the way they allowed the D-line to play high-flying,” Quinn said. “We get to attack and get in the backfield more than in other places. I think it was kind of one of those where we could have fun and disrupt the backfield which they want us to do.

Saints were 5th in the league in sacks and cowboys were 16th :shrug:

In other words. he was not into structure, he wanted to freelance in their defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom