(N/S) Rocket Ismail wants to make NFL comeback at 37 (1 Viewer)

KingOfBattle

Semper Fi
Reaction score
He's been working out for Washington, New England and Seattle.

NBCSports.com

Last year, Notre Dame fans selected the era between 1988-1993 as the greatest in Irish history. No player personified that time more than wide receiver, and return man extraordinaire, Raghib "Rocket" Ismail. One of the most electric players in college football history, the Rocket Man has been mysteriously M.I.A. since he left campus as a junior and famously signed with the CFL. Apparently that's changing, though. Rocket spoke with NBCSports.com about his latest NFL comeback attempt and how Charlie Weis extended the olive branch.

Interesting. I doubt Ismail is still able to produce at the NFL level. I still say he screwed up going to the CFL instead of just letting Dallas draft him. They went on to win a few SB rings and he could have been a part of that. He had his moments with Carolina and Oakland, but he hasnt played in 3 1/2 seasons and he's 37.
The article says he only wants one more season, so I guess that's not too much to ask. Let Daniel Snyder sign him and pay him.

Interesting. I doubt Ismail is still able to produce at the NFL level. I still say he screwed up going to the CFL instead of just letting Dallas draft him. They went on to win a few SB rings and he could have been a part of that. He had his moments with Carolina and Oakland, but he hasnt played in 3 1/2 seasons and he's 37.
The article says he only wants one more season, so I guess that's not too much to ask. Let Daniel Snyder sign him and pay him.

7 games to go (no time to get in shape)... 37 now (would take even longer to get his body ready), and he's been out of football for 3 1/2 years?

I'd say he's in great football shape??????? Besides returning a punt (at a much slower speed now), what could he do? Didn't do much when he was active?

If someone signs him, I'd be surprised.

Of course, if they're talking about 2007, then he may help some team in their return game.

okay maybe if he played the saints secondary every sunday he would be good still

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom