N/S: Rogue One a Patriots Story (1 Viewer)

Don't get all the attention for this video and the one they did for Dallas, took some Star Wars audio from trailer and put a bunch of football clips with it, was super corny. You could literally put 100's of different songs as the audio for this and it would work just as well too.

I like em cause I'm a huge Star Wars fan. That's why I shared it.

I don't get the Patriots hate. They're a well run organization.

Blatant cheating, in a multitude of ways
Bending of the rules, when not blatantly cheating
Their owner showered with the commish for over a decade and received favorable calls for over a decade
They have played in a consistently weak division for the longest time

And their fan base is god awful annoying. They wanted no part of the Patriots before that dynasty started

And for good measure, they are still getting away with cheating. Watch their pick plays, especially near the goal line.

Most of that was just allegations though, they only got punished for a couple of things right?

1. Mostly allegation?
2. They only got punished multiple times?
3. Multiple years?
4. Multiple draft picks?

C'mon man. They're dirty.

don't want Dallas to win it, don't want the Falcons to win it, don't want the patriots to win it. Personally I'd be happy to see the Giants beat the Patriots again. But I just as soon the Patriots didn't make it at all.

Yep, I don't want the patriots in the SB either. You know how most of ya's here can't stand the cowboys?, well thats how i feel about the patriots with me living in new england. Patriots this, patriots that. Not to mention some of the bandwagon fans.

What gets me about the Patriots is they're a good team to begin with, very well coached. They don't need to cheat to win. They can win without cheating. So why continue cheating, year after year? But they do.

I'd rather win fair and square than flaunt tainted trophies. Those trophies will always have asterisks beside them.

To each his own.

But a lot of people already think our one trophy should have an asterisks by it for bounties. But then of course as Saints fans we defend our team and don't think that so I'm sure we are doing what Patriots fans are doing for their team.

But a lot of people already think our one trophy should have an asterisks by it for bounties. But then of course as Saints fans we defend our team and don't think that so I'm sure we are doing what Patriots fans are doing for their team.

Valid point.

Whether or not I'm a homer - I very much believe that the Patriots cheated for a decade. And I believe if Robert Kraft had owned the Saints, the scandal would've been handled very differently.

Remember the Saints had one of the fewest "injuries to opponents" in the entire league during the Bountygate scandal? One of the fewest personal foul calls? It just doesn't hold up.

Now the Patriots on the other hand - Goodell had the tapes in his possession proving the guilt. In his possession. That's not contested. And he destroyed them. I'm not alone in my view. I remember reading an anonymous quote from a GM during the deflategate scandal. "the league finally caught those cheating mf's!".

Call me a homer of you want, but I believe these are two very different scenarios.

Valid point.

Whether or not I'm a homer - I very much believe that the Patriots cheated for a decade. And I believe if Robert Kraft had owned the Saints, the scandal would've been handled very differently.

Remember the Saints had one of the fewest "injuries to opponents" in the entire league during the Bountygate scandal? One of the fewest personal foul calls? It just doesn't hold up.

Now the Patriots on the other hand - Goodell had the tapes in his possession proving the guilt. In his possession. That's not contested. And he destroyed them. I'm not alone in my view. I remember reading an anonymous quote from a GM during the deflategate scandal. "the league finally caught those cheating mf's!".

Call me a homer of you want, but I believe these are two very different scenarios.

Yea you're right and as a Saints fan I believe our only mistake was offering extra money on the side for good plays. We never played dirty though, most of our hits were with in the rules and if we did get a bit rough then we got flagged as we should have. I still don't think that warrants the punishment we got though.

Here we go again. (old thread - but read below).

Earlier in this thread, I mentioned allegations of fire alarms being pulled at the hotels of teams visiting the Patriots. Well it just happened again today. It's in the news.

The next question will be - does this person have any ties to the Patriots organization, or is it just a nut case fan. Wouldn't surprise me if he did, though I'd hope they'd at least be smart enough to cover their tracks.

Police arrest man for pulling false alarm at Pittsburgh Steelers' hotel

Massachusetts State Police have apprehended and charged the man who pulled a fire alarm in the Pittsburgh Steelers' hotel early Sunday morning.

The Steelers will play the New England Patriots on Sunday night (6:40 ET) in the AFC Championship Game at Gillette Stadium.

Dennis Harrison, 25, of East Boston, has been charged with disorderly conduct, disturbing the peace and pulling a false fire alarm at the Steelers' airport hotel in Boston, according to a statement from state police.

Time to hop aboard the Patriots Train!

#BeatAtlanta

Yeah. Hate to say it - but I'm a Patriots fan for a couple weeks.

I'd offer to pull some fire alarms, but seems that's already covered. Maybe I could jam some wireless headsets, or deflate some balls, or video tape Atlanta's private walk-thru.

..just kidding..

Good god. That is unreal. I mean, I knew they were great, but when you put the record out like that, it's just unbelievable.

Add the playoff record (incl this season) of 24-9 to their regular season record:

220-69. 76% winning percentage

Compare to :

Saints under the Payton regime
Reg Season 101-75
Playoffs 6-4
107-79. 59% winning percentage

Browns since 2001 :)
Reg Season 83-173
Playoffs 0-1
83-174. 32% winning percentage

ps: I like stats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom