N/S: Romo "flame-sprayed" by Jay Mariotti (...called a BUST) (1 Viewer)

Romo is a pretty decent quarterback with good mobility,a strong arm and a quick release. He is not a top ten NFL qb, but is a better than average qb could start for a lot of NFL teams(carolina and tampa being two of those teams). Calling him a bust is ridiculous. He threw for over 4000 yds two years ago and 3400 last year.

He would do well to get out of Dallas where the qb's are always over hyped and put under a microscope. He does seem to relsih that image so when the cowboys do not win he is the one who is going to get the heat.

Sometimes he deserves the heat. Overall the Cowboy's disappoiting seasons recently are more due to poor coaching and a meddling owner than to sub par play at qb.

Yeah I agree with this. I would just like to add, that when a QB no matter how good they are, when they constantly are being expected to be perfect every single game, it can take a reverse effect. Look at Brees, his relationship with Coach and the fans and orginization reflect the way he plays on the feild.

As I posted yesterday in another Romo thread...He is Aaron Brooks. Great ability, wildly inconsistent

This is NOT pretty, y'all. :covri: :jpshakehead:

http://jay-mariotti.fanhouse.com/2009/09/24/critics-are-right-phony-romo-a-bust/?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl5|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fjay-mariotti.fanhouse.com%2F2009%2F09%2F24%2Fcritics-are-right-phony-romo-a-bust%2F

PS: Those in Shreveport... how's the hype over the Cowboys going these days? Are they still carrying the 'Boys<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://gotsaints.com/?tracker=4276"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://gotsaints.com/?tracker=4276" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object> instead of the Saints for the featured NFL game? :shrug:

:gosaints:
Great Stuff Here!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I hate the cowgirls, but a bust? Vince Young is a bust, Tony Romo came out of nowhere, it's not like he cost them a first pick. I guess they mean for his new contract, but he makes starting QB money.

I hate the Cowboys...borderline Falcons type hate...that said, I really don't think Tony Romo is all that bad. He seems like a good guy and a decent player. I hate cowboys fans who annoint him much more than Romo himself.

As I posted yesterday in another Romo thread...He is Aaron Brooks. Great ability, wildly inconsistent

So was Brett Favre..... Romo has time to turn things around. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, and I hope he lives up to his potential.

He is hardly a bust, the talent is there but sometimes the results are a little inconsistent, but farm from a bust

He has regressed...I heard a stat earlier today. Paraphrasing, but his first 20 starts, his QB rating is something like 105, his last 20 starts, QB rating is 85.

He got the big contract, he's chasing the starlets, playing A LOT of golf, and not putting in the work that he did under Payton/Parcells and it shows.

Mariotti is a tool. Can't stand that guy. He barely gives anyone any credit (except himself) and is just a real obnoxious jack***. Search on Deadspin for some funny stories about the guy.

**** Romo and the Cowboys... but I wouldn't call him a "bust". Overrated maybe, but he's not a bust. He's done more than VY and Leinart in this same time, and they were top 10 guys... now THOSE are busts.

PS: Those in Shreveport... how's the hype over the Cowboys going these days? Are they still carrying the 'Boys instead of the Saints for the featured NFL game? :shrug:

:gosaints:

Oh yea...they are still showing Dallas over New Orleans every chance they get. The next conflict is week 7 i believe. What I'm interested to see is later on in the season if the Saints are still rolling and the Cowboys stink, who they gonna show.

Now, anytime i see a Dallas fan, I just point and start laughing...I did it yesterday as a matter of fact. :hihi:

How can an UDFA be a bust? Even if he throws 50 INTs this year, he's not a bust.

Thank you.

"Bust" is a new favorite word for journalistic tools like Mariotti. He seems to blame Romo for the media latching onto him so quickly and feverishly. Yet, he's part of that media...and he was one of the guys who couldn't stop talking about him.

Standard MO for media members:

--Player comes onto scene and shows promise but is only average

"This player is the best young player at his position in 20 years! I will talk about him incessantly!"

--Player gets a little better, still not great

"This player will go down as one of the best players ever! I will continue to talk about him incessantly!"

--Player regresses some, still average-to-above average

"What a bust this player is! His career is over! Why do people talk about him incessantly?!"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom