N/S: Roosevelt Colvin to be released from NE. (1 Viewer)

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
n a move that appears to be salary-cap related, the Patriots are expected to release outside linebacker Rosevelt Colvin today, according to a league source.

Colvin, a marquee free-agent signing in 2002, was scheduled to count $7.6 million against the salary cap and earn a base salary of $5.5 million. The 2008 season was the final year of his contract.

Colvin was a starter at outside linebacker in the Patriots’ 3-4 scheme. His 2007 season was cut short by a foot injury sustained Nov. 25 against the Eagles, and the Patriots seemed to miss his pass rush coming down the stretch.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2008/02/pats_expected_t.html

Either Vernon Gholston or Quentin Groves just made some money.

Either Vernon Gholston or Quentin Groves just made some money.

Even Derrick Harvey. I have posted several times that for the value, the patriots will pick the best OLB/DE available.

hell, i'll take Colvin.... he can play OLB for the saints any day of the week.....

Definite upgrade over the Shanle. If he's an effective pass rusher in the same vein as Kawika Mitchell, I'd have an interest.

Beats the crap out of Dan Morgan any day of the week IMO.

He would look good in Black and Gold at the WLB position. Plus, this would help with the pass rush we are so desperately seeking. Now to just draft a MLB and we are set.

I HAD TO QUOTE THIS JUST TO READ WHAT IT SAID BECAUSE YOUR AVATAR "BLOWS MY MIND" THANK YOU MY FRIEND FOR BRIGHTENING UP MY DAY .... ;) NiiiiiiiiCE!!

Why haven't we signed him yet? :shrug:

At 250 lbs, he looks like he might be a better fit at the SAM, where we are set. Then again, I am ALL about the 240 lb Shawn Crable for the WILL. Colvin's best performances were when he was with Chicago in their 4-3 so maybe there's something to that.

I HAD TO QUOTE THIS JUST TO READ WHAT IT SAID BECAUSE YOUR AVATAR "BLOWS MY MIND" THANK YOU MY FRIEND FOR BRIGHTENING UP MY DAY .... ;) NiiiiiiiiCE!!

Glad I was able to brighten up your day. I have the same situation whenever Blue makes a post. I will be reading straight down then all of a sudden Blue's post will pop up in a thread and my eyes always draft to the left. I don't even read who is posting and BAM to the left.

Colvin was a SAM in Chicago and made his name blitzing from the linebacker position. If we were thinking on getting him, we would need to move Fujita from his position. A big factor to consider is his injury list.

what scares me, is that Haslet and Co. was after colvin when they were here, only reason it didn't happen, is chicago wanted Hodge in the deal...

..... what idiots. 99% just late to make the play Hodge was the breaker in that deal...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom