N/S: Rumor: Favre could be coming out of retirement (1 Viewer)

whodat07

Veteran
Reaction score
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this. The LA times reports that Favre could be second guessing his decision to leave the NFL. According to the article Favre "has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union". Maybe he's not ready yet, although with that press conference he had last month, it pretty much seemed like the end of the road for him. :idunno:

Report: Favre re-thinking retirement - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

I'm getting tired of his yo-yoing. I don't care what decision he makes, as long as he makes it and stands firm.

If he returns, maybe he should return as a backup to his understudy - is it really fair to the guy who's been waiting in line?

If this is true.....which team and why?!? He had a pretty good situation in GB. This just doesn't make much sense.

Why must this great QB torment us with constant retirement discussion?!

i may be way off, and although i have alot of respect for what he has done on the field, he just seems really self-centered.

Brett needs to tend to his Farm and let us tend to football, i was a little aggrevated when he started pouting on TV and they aired it for 4 weeks straight and speculated for 3 more weeks. now i gotta be tormented with this crap until he signs away?

get this off my forum.

I could have sworn I just saw on ESPN at the bottom scrolling someone (his agent? attorney?) that said the report is "absolutely false".

I think I mentioned in another thread that I was talking with ex packer QB Doug Pederson about some NFL stuff and he had mentioned that Brett is done for good(They are good friends)

There's no way he could go play for another team without a release or trade from the Packers. He's still theirs, a la Jake Plummer / Tampa....

I never thought he wanted to retire, but was pressured to by management that wanted to move on , but not upset the fan base, he has always wanted to play in my opinion, and he can still play. someone outside of the nfc south should sign him up.

They were talking about this a few days ago on Fox Sports radio. One guy said it's not unusual for people to take a while to get the paperwork in. The story is all speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom