N/S - Rush Limbaugh: New Rams Owner??? --- MERGED (2 Viewers)

it's supposed to be the 'Bronze Star' that he was awarded-- but to me, and others who commented when he first got it-- it looks brown.. i think someone referred to it as a Turd Star or something.
Turd Badge

There is a diffrence between saying and doing. Saying you have black friends doesnt mean you do. Handing over your lively hood to some one you "hate" is another.

Not to delve into the other thread so much but....

Neither "hate" black people. The judge doesn't hate them; he admits to marrying blacks to other blacks. But he judges them differently. I'm sure the judge has black friends.

Racism is a spectrum. Not everyone who has racist tendencies is the extreme: wanting a a shotgun-fought race war, wanting lynching, or to move 'them' back to Africa or Mexico.

Modern racism is less extreme than racism in the past, socially we have improved and made progress, but it still exists. 'Racism' today is more of a anti-culture thing; a fear of an unknown, fear of an unfamiliar culture, or attempting to keep the cultures separate (and this position has been stated better by other posters here). Contrary to what statistics might report, they hold and promote the idea that other cultures hold negative cultural values and must be kept away and separate from ours, as if we might catch something that would denigrate our culture.

We/they never say the same thing about the negative parts of our own culture or of cultures that are visual similar to ours. We used to think the Irish were dirty dirty people, or the Italians breed like roaches, but they look more like us and their negatives are forgiven and not highlighted.

So, modern racism will rarely be expressed as hate but will argue that the other culture is less than ours and that we sure as heck won't be ok with them marrying our daughters.

From the horse's mouth. This is an excerpt from Limbaugh's op-ed piece in the WSJ. It is an interesting read just to get the full story. How much you want to believe it is up to you and how open or closed your mind is.
------------------------------------------
I never said I supported slavery and I never praised James Earl Ray. How sick would that be? Just as sick as those who would use such outrageous slanders against me or anyone else who never even thought such things.

The sports media elicited comments from a handful of players, none of whom I can recall ever meeting. Among other things, at least one said he would never play for a team I was involved in given my racial views. My racial views? You mean, my belief in a colorblind society where every individual is treated as a precious human being without regard to his race? Where football players should earn as much as they can and keep as much as they can, regardless of race? Those controversial racial views?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704322004574477021697942920.html

From the horse's mouth. This is an excerpt from Limbaugh's op-ed piece in the WSJ. It is an interesting read just to get the full story. How much you want to believe it is up to you and how open or closed your mind is.
------------------------------------------
I never said I supported slavery and I never praised James Earl Ray. How sick would that be? Just as sick as those who would use such outrageous slanders against me or anyone else who never even thought such things.

The sports media elicited comments from a handful of players, none of whom I can recall ever meeting. Among other things, at least one said he would never play for a team I was involved in given my racial views. My racial views? You mean, my belief in a colorblind society where every individual is treated as a precious human being without regard to his race? Where football players should earn as much as they can and keep as much as they can, regardless of race? Those controversial racial views?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704322004574477021697942920.html

But it's only one part of the whole story, he's whitewashing (pun intended) his position. I don't think he's anti-black, but he's said some things in the desire to stir up controversy and ratings, that are pretty provoking. He is as far from colorblind as is Carlos Mencia or Martin Lawernce.

And I find this interesting
"elicited comments from a handful of players, none of whom I can recall ever meeting."
Has he used this criteria to withhold his opinions of people he hasn't met?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom