N/S - Rush Limbaugh: New Rams Owner??? --- MERGED (1 Viewer)

Just copied this from the RapidReports ticker on cbssports.com

Ugh...

I gave you a thumbs up. I don't know why anyone would have thumbed you down. Good find, and I agree, UGH. Not because its Rush, but because that is the last thing this league needs-- another fan/owner who thinks he knows football, but without a snyder/jones bank account to back him up. But as far as Rush goes, there is actually a disease named after him. Rush Limbaugh Syndrome (RLS)--- when no one gives a **** what you have to say anymore.

I wonder if that would keep certain free agents from wanting to play there? It could make there offense very predictable, stubbornly running to the right regardless of the situation or circumstances.

Pull the race card much?

Let it go.

I'm just bringing issues up that Rush Limbaugh talks about all the time. Let not forget about the whole McNabb thing and if Limbaugh get close to buying the Rams, that issue will be talked to death by the media.

And for the fact, I feel the same way about Limbaugh and others on the right as I do about Al Sharpton and others on the left. I'm sick of both extreme sides and don't want them in the NFL as they do nothing but divide people.

I'm just bringing issues up that Rush Limbaugh talks about all the time. Let not forget about the whole McNabb thing and if Limbaugh get close to buying the Rams, that issue will be talked to death by the media.

And for the fact, I feel the same way about Limbaugh and others on the right as I do about Al Sharpton and others on the left. I'm sick of both extreme sides and don't want them in the NFL as they do nothing but divide people.

Do you honestly think all NFL owners are nice little moderates?

There's no guideline that NFL owners have to be politically correct. 90% of owners in the NFL are more like ghosts then real people. You rarely see or hear from them. Only self-proclaimed GM's like Davis, Snyder, and Jones are high profile. If he wants to buy a team good for him. It's a freakin free country. His political ideology will be irrelevant in this case.

A) That's your opinion and there's nothing to really back it up besides people perceiving policy views as "racist"

B) So was Brett Favre. Does that make him a horrible person? Millions of people have gotten addicted to pain killers after needing them for medical reasons. He's been clean for years now.

C) Mods should go ahead and send this to the EE board. It's not going anywhere good here.

Thats not an opinion. Its a fact. Dude is pretty racist, and has made MANY racist remarks over the years. Hell, just last year he was parading around the "Barack, the Magic Negro" song on his show on a weekly basis. Since we have a black president, his race baiting has been at an all time high. And how do you know he is clean? You giving him weekly drug tests?

I don't know about the Brett Favre thing, so I can't really comment on that. But if he is racist, then yes, that makes him a bad person.

A) That's your opinion and there's nothing to really back it up besides people perceiving policy views as "racist"

B) So was Brett Favre. Does that make him a horrible person? Millions of people have gotten addicted to pain killers after needing them for medical reasons. He's been clean for years now.

C) Mods should go ahead and send this to the EE board. It's not going anywhere good here.

this

The media portrays Sharpton and Jackson as if they speak for the entire collective of black people in this country. They are pretty sickening, and this is coming from a black man.

Thats not an opinion. Its a fact. Dude is pretty racist, and has made MANY racist remarks over the years. Hell, just last year he was parading around the "Barack, the Magic Negro" song on his show on a weekly basis. Since we have a black president, his race baiting has been at an all time high. And how do you know he is clean? You giving him weekly drug tests?

I don't know about the Brett Favre thing, so I can't really comment on that. But if he is racist, then yes, that makes him a bad person.

Barack the Magic Negro was a phrase coined by a black writer at the LA Times and the song was in reference to the newspaper's article that mentioned it. Nice example though.

Rush Limbaugh is simply a far right wing ideologue. He's not the raving racist you want him to be.

Even if he was, you can be a racist and own an NFL team. There's no law against it. If you wanta discuss his political views or your opinion that he's racist there's the EE board to do that. If you wanta discuss the practical reasons of why he should or shouldn't own a team then be my guest.

I'm sure Rams fans are willing to take just about anyone. They need a new owner or they are at risk of getting moved eventually.

Barack the Magic Negro was a phrase coined by a black writer at the LA Times and the song was in reference to the newspaper. Nice example though.

Rush Limbaugh is simply a far right wing ideologue. He's not the raving racist you want him to be.

He is a racist. This is not opinion. This is a fact supported by years of race baiting, racist comments, etc. Its okay if you like the guy, it doesn't make you a racist, but come on. He is a bigot, plain and simple.

I wonder if that would keep certain free agents from wanting to play there? It could make there offense very predictable, stubbornly running to the right regardless of the situation or circumstances.

now that was creative and funny:smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom