N/S Ryan Clark looking for someone that called in to WWL, apparently (1 Viewer)

Usually on these regular local sports talk shows the call in portion somehow manages to attract all the flakes to the phone lines. In most cases these familiar names have the same message, style, and attitude when they are allowed onto the airwaves. I'm surprised that the screeners pass some of these people through. It's not like most of them bring anything of interest to the show or the audience.

Is the station somehow looking for these foolhardy mouth-breathers to fill their airtime? Or are they having a problem finding callers with intelligent questions and comments? :scratch:

We have the "hot take" style of screaming people that have really ruined sports talk radio. Instead of good analysis and debate, it's usually people trying to out-yell each other with a hot take.

To be honest it's not just on the radio and TV. I can spend 45 minutes looking up stats and putting together a really nice post here and then get a few responses and three likes, then in the same thread I can post a funny reaction gif to someones inane comment and suddenly my alerts are going bonkers and I have 30 likes.

To be honest it's not just on the radio and TV. I can spend 45 minutes looking up stats and putting together a really nice post here and then get a few responses and three likes, then in the same thread I can post a funny reaction gif to someones inane comment and suddenly my alerts are going bonkers and I have 30 likes.

Happens to me too. I will post statistical breakdowns, get one liner replies yelling at me if I dare give another team credit who isn't the Saints.

Whatever the case may be, it is best for Ryan Clark to ignore these troll. People on tv should know this by now and pretty much accept that other people will say things that will cause a reaction. Ryan has a career now that probably pays way more than this other troll. Why jeopardize it by wanting to confront whoever this person is. It is not worth it.

I heard the phone call.

He said he'd punch Kellerman, not RC.

He said RC didn't know squat because Clark said Brees isn't a top 5 QB because he's not mobile and "looks like an everyday accountant" which Clark absolutely said on First Take. Mike D said RC is usually spot on with his takes, but completely disagreed with RC on this one.

All in all, other than the ridiculous comment about him swinging on Kellerman, Longshoreman didn't misrepresent anything RC said, which every forum member on here would laugh at if they heard RC say it. I literally turned the TV off when he was making that argument and my sister in law is friends with RC and has nothing but good things to say about him. But his argument was laughable and paper thin.

Clark had me agreeing with Steven A Smith and I'll never forgive RC for that.

Sid from Jefferson is now Sid from Gentilly and is still around and a common caller every morning on 990am radio , crazy as ever

Usually on these regular local sports talk shows the call in portion somehow manages to attract all the flakes to the phone lines. In most cases these familiar names have the same message, style, and attitude when they are allowed onto the airwaves. I'm surprised that the screeners pass some of these people through. It's not like most of them bring anything of interest to the show or the audience.

Is the station somehow looking for these foolhardy mouth-breathers to fill their airtime? Or are they having a problem finding callers with intelligent questions and comments? :scratch:
The main difference with callin shows today is the (football related) questions callers are asking are easily found elsewhere- and generally by people more knowledgeable than talk show hosts
So feeer people are calling in fr information or perspective and more for discussion and arguments

The main difference with callin shows today is the (football related) questions callers are asking are easily found elsewhere- and generally by people more knowledgeable than talk show hosts
So fewer people are calling in for information or perspective and more for discussion and arguments
Absolutely no doubt about that.
It would just seem that after a few cringe-worthy, face-palming, head-shaking comments by those same obnoxious regulars that get through for 'discussions' each show, the screener would soon recognize who they are and just leave them on hold for the duration of the show.

That is... unless the station wants these particular callers (or types) to bring their 'talents' to the show. :scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom