N/S - Sad Panthers Fan (1 Viewer)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This just popped up in the local news up here in North Carolina. Figured you guys might get a kick out of this. I sure did.

Schadenfreude.

Sad Panthers Fan has come to terms with the Panthers being bad :: WRALSportsFan.com

The Panthers out-derped the Buccaneers in what was a veritable extravaganza by both teams of special teams mistakes, bone-headed penalties and terrible coaching decisions...

And after that Aguayo miss, the Panthers ran it three times and went three-and-out. Whatever. I don't understand anything anymore....

This defense. My God, this defense...

I'm going to go cry into my cereal now....

88B4BD25-DD16-4039-8F58-3B8CB50381B9_zpsc9pxm2wq.jpg

I mean it doesn't seem like rocket science.

They were good in 2013, but started off horribly in 2014 because their secondary was horrible. They put Josh Norman in the starting lineup, and from there turned it around.

They let him walk, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but doesn't seem like they replaced him with even marginal talent. They're trying to be the Patriots and not overspend and just plug guys in to the system, but they aren't stock piling picks and don't have anyone with any talent to plug in.

If I were a Panthers fan, I would be frustrated too. They should be way better than they are. But since I despise them and Cam Newton, I will continue to enjoy their tears.

I mean it doesn't seem like rocket science.

They were good in 2013, but started off horribly in 2014 because their secondary was horrible. They put Josh Norman in the starting lineup, and from there turned it around.

They let him walk, which I don't necessarily disagree with, but doesn't seem like they replaced him with even marginal talent. They're trying to be the Patriots and not overspend and just plug guys in to the system, but they aren't stock piling picks and don't have anyone with any talent to plug in.

If I were a Panthers fan, I would be frustrated too. They should be way better than they are. But since I despise them and Cam Newton, I will continue to enjoy their tears.

It's surprising, because the old trend of Super Bowl losers completely falling off the following year hasn't been the case recently.

Since 2008, the Super Bowl runner up has finished the following season with double digit wins. You've actually got to go back to the Bears in 2006 to find a team that had a losing season following a championship loss.

are they really $20 million under the cap?

i might actually be more irate about that than I am about our current cap / dead money situation.

P.S. I can't actually take any joy in this until we know the outcome of this weekend. But if we win, I will revisit this post and revel in the resulting giddiness.

I'm legit scared to say anything til we beat them next week. That said, it's just funny to see the tears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom