N/S - Saints and Vikings looking to be 2 of 6 playoff teams (1 Viewer)

VikesFan2017

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey All,

Thought I'd drop in with a few weeks left in the playoffs. Looks like despite MN's inconsistency, the NFC race (as Baltimore is beating the Rams) is looking like a non-eventful playoff race.

South = Saints
West = Seahawks or Niners
North = Packers and Vikings as a WC
East = No one cares.

Vikings are looking like they could win 12 but still end up as a 6 seed. I'm hoping for the fifth seed so we get the NFC East team who might be 8-8 by then.
It might be a non-dramatic finish if the teams who are leading all happen to win the games they easily should over the next few weeks.

With that said, who are you liking? Any team you want to face? Any team you don't want to face.

My assessment:
Green Bay = Rodgers can keep you in any game, but he's regressing. I feel if the Vikings had to play them at Green Bay, we'd have a 50% shot. They seem to have had a bit of luck along the way.
49ers = look really solid. I think a good running team can beat them though. Someone who makes their defense play more straight up.
Saints = I don't think you've hit your stride yet. Seems like you have the next few weeks to get in sync.
Seattle = Vikings play them Monday night. Should be interesting to see if we can stay balanced against them. I expect Kirk to pee down his leg since we're playing a team with a winning record.
NFC East = Vikings were able to sweep the East this year. I don't care, although Minnesota going to Philly for Wild Card and losing wouldn't surprise your fanbase or myself.

Agree?
Disagree?
Thoughts?

I think you have it about right. And I’ll be rooting for y’all next week. As I usually do, unlike most Saints fans I’ve always had a soft spot for the Vikes.

I think the Ravens will win the super bowl this year. And are a shoe in for the AFC. Idk about the NFC.
Someone between us, Niners, Hawks or y’all.

I think you have it about right. And I’ll be rooting for y’all next week. As I usually do, unlike most Saints fans I’ve always had a soft spot for the Vikes.

I think the Ravens will win the super bowl this year. And are a shoe in for the AFC. Idk about the NFC.
Someone between us, Niners, Hawks or y’all.

On AFC side, not going to count out New England of course.
K.C. with a health Mahomes will be interesting.

It's a new style offense so the question will be what coach can solve for that quickest?
Gotta figure Belichick could be one. 49ers defense might cause some issues.
A team with a strong tackling secondary might be needed.

In the NFC, I think the teams are pretty much set with exception to whoever wins the east. Cowboys are somewhat less terrible than the eagles so they'll likely take the 4th seed. Aside from that, the Saints, Niners, Seahawks, Packers, and Vikings are all essentially fighting for seeding, which I think will take until the end of week 17 to sort out.

Normally I hate playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs, but I think Green Bay peaked early and now they are trying to hold on. The first year head coach bump got them this far, but I don't know if he has a Phase 2 offensively to react to defenses right now.

Funny how the Rams have fallen.
They were all that last year and in the Super Bowl they were so inept it was unbelievable, and they haven't been able to rebound despite numerous trades and $$$ spent.

I wonder if Sean McVeigh will be the Rams head coach going into 2022.

Zimmer is a solid coach but he makes some odd decisions at times. Also let's his ego get in the way it seems. He gets more upset at criticism than he should.
Whether Kirk evolves to handle the pressure will be what 2019 is all about for Minnesota.
If he doesn't, we'll fail. If he does, we might make a run.
Our defense isn't near what it was in 2017 however.

I think Saints could be problematic for us. I'd actually like our chances to defend Baltimore better than you guys just by how our defense is made up.

There doesn't seem to be that 1 or 2 dominant offensive teams on the NFC side like years past.

Last edited:
Normally I hate playing a divisional opponent in the playoffs, but I think Green Bay peaked early and now they are trying to hold on. The first year head coach bump got them this far, but I don't know if he has a Phase 2 offensively to react to defenses right now.

Funny how the Rams have fallen.
They were all that last year and in the Super Bowl they were so inept it was unbelievable, and they haven't been able to rebound despite numerous trades and $$$ spent.

I wonder if Sean McVeigh will be the Rams head coach going into 2022.

The Rams should not have been in the Bowl last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom